Runde Schon R-2 w/ 2 shafts

Loin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Great hitting cue. Tiger Sniper tip on one shaft and unknown tip on other shaft. I think the tips are 12.75mm. Both tips stay level on flat surface when shafts are rolled. The Sniper tipped shaft has maybe 1/2mm of taper roll - very minimal - and the other shaft looks nearly perfect to me. Previous owner said it was refinished by Mike Webb about 4 years ago. Shaft joint protectors are included, which I have been told are original to the cue. The cue has some small dings which will not show up with my camera. A few small dings on each shaft. I can see 4 indentations on forearm - looks like someone pushed their fingernail into the finish. Looking to get $550 shipped in contiguous 48 states.

Attachments

• CAM00030.jpg
    CAM00030.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,682
  • CAM00026.jpg
    CAM00026.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,438
  • CAM00027.jpg
    CAM00027.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,404
  • CAM00028.jpg
    CAM00028.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,385

Zippo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It seems to be an early 90's R2 as it has the right "Schön" script over the buttcap. (The STL ones have two dots over the o and the SL ones had golden letters and a different font)

Loin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
this looks nothing like an stl2. the shafts do not have the schon name on them dating them pre-1993.
the following is from the "blue book of pool cue values" website:
"From 1985 to 1987, the high end Schon cues had nickel silver rings, and by 1988, all Schons had nickel silver joint rings. By the 1990s, Schon cues had inlaid points.
In 1992, Bob Runde retired and Evan Clark took over cuemaking operations. In 1993, Evan saw some Schon shafts for sale that were adequate to deceive the unwitting buyer, so he started marking "Schon" on the shafts that same year."

here is the link to the article: http://bluebookofpoolcuevalues.com/Pool_Cue_Values/Pool_Cue_Manufacturer.aspx?id=SCHON_CUES

cuefan86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
I think a lot of ppl are thrown off by the cnc points. Most ppl think that anything Runde era has to have sharp points which they do not. Very nice cue and good luck moving it ;)

Last edited:

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have a R2 that is exactly like this cue from the same time period and is 100% verified as an R2. People say this and that about CNC points and stitched rings but R2 cues were also made exactly as this cue is shown. Best of luck on your sale as this cue for $550 is a steal.