Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Daily puzzle, beat SVB!
Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-18-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
There's about a 6' landing area to get on the 6, from mid-table to the near rail all the way to the end rail. If you don't have the speed control for the spot shown, choose another one.

pj
chgo
With perfect speed control like you have why not play the 6 first then?
Jason

Not trying to be a d!@k, but why take the chance of overrunning position when there is so much on the line? Nerves alone could make you under or overhit by way more than 6"

Last edited by jasonlaus; 04-18-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Old
  (#62)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-18-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
With perfect speed control like you have why not play the 6 first then?
Jason

Not trying to be a d!@k, but why take the chance of overrunning position when there is so much on the line? Nerves alone could make you under or overhit by way more than 6"
6 feet. I show the CB at the end of the 6-foot landing zone, but you don't have to aim for that - any place up to 6 feet sooner is good enough.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#63)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
6 feet. I show the CB at the end of the 6-foot landing zone, but you don't have to aim for that - any place up to 6 feet sooner is good enough.

pj
chgo
My point is much shorter than where you are completely changes your route to the 8, just like any longer and you're screwed.

My comment has everything to do with you're path to the 8 on the drawing. It's such a small window(inches) that it doesnt make any sense to play it that way.

If I could place the cueball by hand to shoot the 6, that is exactly where I would place it - not arguing that point.
Jason

Old
  (#64)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
My point is much shorter than where you are completely changes your route to the 8, just like any longer and you're screwed.

My comment has everything to do with you're path to the 8 on the drawing. It's such a small window(inches) that it doesnt make any sense to play it that way.

If I could place the cueball by hand to shoot the 6, that is exactly where I would place it - not arguing that point.
Jason
Yes, that's the ideal spot - that's why I showed it there. But I disagree with the notion that it's a very sensitive target - you can be way short or even a little long (the shot works even with the CB on the end rail)... so err on the short side.

What's your preferred route?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#65)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

04-18-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, that's the ideal spot - that's why I showed it there. But I disagree with the notion that it's a very sensitive target - you can be way short or even a little long (the shot works even with the CB on the end rail)... so err on the short side.

What's your preferred route?

pj
chgo
Same as yours, stopping where your X is in the middle of the table, probably a little to the left of that.
Jason

Old
  (#66)
megatron69
AzB Silver Member
megatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 12:07 PM

I guess I'm just too far removed from my days playing 14.1. I don't get it. Why would we bump the 8 and where would we bump it?

Especially with the scenario given: playing a world-class player. For a huge amount of money. Ball in hand.

Why would I add a level of difficulty to the run out? Why wouldn't I play the highest percentages for each shot/shape?

Not trying to call anyone out, just curious; maybe I learn something here.

Old
  (#67)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron69 View Post
I guess I'm just too far removed from my days playing 14.1. I don't get it. Why would we bump the 8 and where would we bump it?

Especially with the scenario given: playing a world-class player. For a huge amount of money. Ball in hand.

Why would I add a level of difficulty to the run out? Why wouldn't I play the highest percentages for each shot/shape?

Not trying to call anyone out, just curious; maybe I learn something here.
I like it because with bih I can get perfect to open the ball and get the cuball up table. With the most pressure hill/ hill vs the best player in America I want getting on the game ball to be as easy as possible. I tried this shot 4 or 5 times. 8 ball was never tied up or in a poor position to win and playing shape on it was WAY easier than had I left it there. Also takes the side pocket or scratch off the 10 out of play.

Pool is creative and this scenario can be played a few different ways. Sometimes if you see something you like
and your confident in it, doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

Old
  (#68)
megatron69
AzB Silver Member
megatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond reputemegatron69 has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
I like it because with bih I can get perfect to open the ball and get the cuball up table. With the most pressure hill/ hill vs the best player in America I want getting on the game ball to be as easy as possible. I tried this shot 4 or 5 times. 8 ball was never tied up or in a poor position to win and playing shape on it was WAY easier than had I left it there. Also takes the side pocket or scratch off the 10 out of play.

Pool is creative and this scenario can be played a few different ways. Sometimes if you see something you like
and your confident in it, doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

Okay, but where am I bumping the 8 to exactly?

And I get that pool is creative and everyone has their preferences. Heck, put a beer on the line and I'll try all kinds of draws, caroms, etc.

But if I have to play the highest percentage shots, I don't think (looking at a diagram vs looking at an actual table can change things) I ever bump the 8 anywhere. All it takes is a misjudged angle, a misjudged speed, or whatever and the cue and/or the 8 goes somewhere dozens of angles off where I wanted.

Old
  (#69)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 01:19 PM

Between the firat and second diamond on the long rail.
You have to be confident in your cueball but its really not
all that difficult if you try it.

Old
  (#70)
megatron69
AzB Silver Member

04-18-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Between the firat and second diamond on the long rail.
You have to be confident in your cueball but its really not
all that difficult if you try it.
Yeah, I finally figured it out. I've been playing on crappy Valley barboxes too long I guess. On a 9' Gold Crown, I can definitely see how bumping the 8 might be a good play. On a barbox I don't think I'd bump it unless the 10 was really close to the 8.

Puzzle of the day!
Old
  (#71)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member
Mustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond repute

Puzzle of the day! - 04-18-2019, 01:59 PM

New Puzzle of the day!
The commentators are still shocked Shane missed the 10. You’re solids and you just got a bad roll. “He did not wanna do that”. The other commentator: “that’s nerves folks. This is what happens when you play hill-hill for a million bucks.” Your shot.

Name:  99679ED7-8644-40E6-8121-A7BA7B57255A.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  60.6 KB

Playing Cue: Schon
Shafts: Revo 12.4
Break: Mezz power break II
Jump: Alex Brick
Case: Castillo butterfly
Chalk: Master

Old
  (#72)
megatron69
AzB Silver Member

04-18-2019, 02:13 PM

Not a big ten ball player, unfortunately, so I'll probably pass n this one.

However, I think it would be a better idea to post each puzzle in its own thread, so we can easily keep each puzzle's responses straight. Just a thought.

Old
  (#73)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron69 View Post
... I think it would be a better idea to post each puzzle in its own thread, so we can easily keep each puzzle's responses straight. Just a thought.
Quite a nice thought. Better than most.

Right draw for the 1. 3 ball to land on the top rail for the 2. Draw back for the 8.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#74)
megatron69
AzB Silver Member

04-18-2019, 02:26 PM

Oh, this is an 8-ball game. My bad. That's what I get for multi-tasking.

Old
  (#75)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member
Mustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Quite a nice thought. Better than most.

Right draw for the 1. 3 ball to land on the top rail for the 2. Draw back for the 8.
I don’t think you can hold the whitey with that angle. You’ll be banking the 2 and the 8 with that game plan. Unless you mean CB lands between the 3 and the 8 and the crowd goes wild.

Playing Cue: Schon
Shafts: Revo 12.4
Break: Mezz power break II
Jump: Alex Brick
Case: Castillo butterfly
Chalk: Master

Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: