Is this a foul?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Can't tell from the video but Gomez said the 2 hit the cushion so that's good enough for me.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got the feeling that the other guy walked away not convinced.
Walked away with as in "I'm not satisfied but there's nothing I can do about it anyway" kind of look on his face.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Walked away with as in "I'm not satisfied but there's nothing I can do about it anyway" kind of look on his face.

Yep, that's the impression from Lee Van I got as well.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member

I think he asked," foul?" and the answer was, "It's touching the rail."
He then looks and sees that it is indeed touching.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to tell.

Maybe it's just resting on the cushion I didn't see any bounce back.

https://youtu.be/YIPOWyZbtwE?t=10m8s

Definitely difficult to tell from the camera angle.
I will admit that the ball didn't act like it hit the rail.

I will also admit, Roberto's body language as he made his turn-away to the chair gave me the impression that he wasn't 100% sure he made the correct call.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he asked," foul?" and the answer was, "It's touching the rail."
He then looks and sees that it is indeed touching.

I heard him say that but it sounded to me more less like a question and more like a confirmation "Foul, right"?
He seemed surprised when the other player said it touched rail.
Which was the reason he looked at the ball position.
If he was asking and going to simply take the player's word for it I don't think he would have kept walking to check the ball.

JC

Coos Cues
I have video evidence that proves conclusively that it was not a foul.

Had it been a foul you would have seen the cue ball being picked up with lee's hand prior to shooting at the next ball.

So the answer is no, it was not a foul. Which correctly answers the question posed here.

JC

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rolling up against is not foul. As far as I am concerned, no rebound is necessary. Touching the rail is all that is required. If rebound is called for, change the rules.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Rolling up against is not foul. As far as I am concerned, no rebound is necessary. Touching the rail is all that is required. If rebound is called for, change the rules.

'Froze' is lasting proof that you got a rail.