Leather wrap for sweaty hands

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My hands get sweaty when the heats on, I currently am using a bison wrap but when my hand is sweaty it's slippery, is there any leather wrap that absorbs moisture a bit better?

And please do not suggest to use a towel to dry my hands because I already do that lol.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
My hands get sweaty when the heats on, I currently am using a bison wrap but when my hand is sweaty it's slippery, is there any leather wrap that absorbs moisture a bit better?

And please do not suggest to use a towel to dry my hands because I already do that lol.

Shark.

Call Gil Castillo, he has Cadillac-nice sharkskin for like $50. Get Steve Klapp to install and refinish for $100 and you're off with a nice upgrade.

Taken

Registered
be mindful of stained leather wraps. I do not know how my cue maker deal with my red leather wrap that my hand is constantly stained red when I use the cue.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think that elephant ear would help. Maybe not so much with absorbing the sweat, but it has a lot more texture to it. So I would think that would help decrease it sliding around.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, try either Irish Linen or go wrapless. I've discovered that I like wrapless and now prefer it over linen. Never could get used to leather, tried on a Scruggs and my Dishaw.

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My hands used to be the same way, , I had braided nylon put on 40 years ago and never had the problem again.
RAY MARTIN
3 TIMES WORLD CHAMPION

Anderson79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
leather wrap

I have a cue I took on trade that has a cork wrap. I'm the same way, sometimes when the heats on I'll sweat and it will effect my grip. But the cork wrap actually does away with that pretty well.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member

My brother has the sweatiest hands of any pool player alive and has used "pigskin" wrap on some of his cues, it's a porous type skin and it works out great for him, absorbs the excess sweat for sure. The wrap has little holes all over it and they seem to act like suction cups so there will be no cue slipping out of your hand with that wrap wet or dry.

The only draw back of this wrap is it will rot in a few years due to all the sweat from your hands, but his hands sweat alot and he plays pool 40- 50 hrs. aweek on the low end.

David Harcrow

Last edited: