Anyone Recognize this 'Floor Lamp/Cue Holder'..?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Just looking for any info on this lamp. The photos I got are below. I'm told it's a cue holder - which does APPEAR to be the case...

The asking price is a little steep, but maybe it's justified? Is it actually a commercially made cue holder? The seller doesn't know it's age. He says it's "brass plated", for what that's worth.

Attachments

• lamp1.jpg
    lamp1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 384
  • lamp2.jpg
    lamp2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 381
  • lamp3.jpg
    lamp3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 375

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have seen similar cue racks without the lamp and not as tall. I am wondering if this could of been retrofitted to be a light?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Light bulbs gonna dry out the tips...not good for the ferrules either.
...it would pay to play lights out with that rack

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member

Ha! Good point. Definitely something to think about...'

I'm torn between unique, art deco artifact, or cheap 80's franken-lamp.

Maybe easier if I see it in person...

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen cue holders like this, but not with that light on top- where does the cord for the light run- down the brass tube or alongside the tube? This may be a home-made addition with the light. If the cord runs down the tube then you would see a notch in the base bottom so that the cord does not set the cue holder off balance.I would look at where the light connects to the main long tube to see if that connection looks original to the piece or an after original mfg. addition. Can't see this worth more than $100 or so on the market. The light would look much better with an antique Glass Globe shade instead of what is there now.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would think any cue placed into a rack would be decoration or community house cues for non pool players. So I would t care about the tips or possibly warping from standing in the rack