2010 ACUI Intercollegiate 9-Ball Championship

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michigan has a real nice room. Enjoy!

Does anyone know if Region 2 is hosting a qualifier this year? They didn't when I was in college... :frown:

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Michigan has a real nice room. Enjoy!

Does anyone know if Region 2 is hosting a qualifier this year? They didn't when I was in college... :frown:

I couldn't find results from this year's tournament, but I know they did last year. I played with the guy who won that region, Mahmudul Khan. Good people.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't find results from this year's tournament, but I know they did last year. I played with the guy who won that region, Mahmudul Khan. Good people.

Awesome, glad they're doing it again. I finished 2nd in the region my freshman year, back when they only invited the region winners to the nationals. Next three years they didn't hold a regional tournament, so we were all sh-t out of luck. Things run better nowadays with Betsy et al.

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With less than two weeks from the 2010 ACUI 9-ball Championship, I just wanted to wish everyone participating good luck. University of Michigan has a nice pool hall and Besty is a great hall manager, so it should be an awesome pool weekend.

Have fun! :thumbup::thumbup:

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the format for this tournment? Such as the races on the qualifiers and the actual nationals. One of my goals is to be able to win one of these once I transfer to a university that offers this program.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
What is the format for this tournment? Such as the races on the qualifiers and the actual nationals. One of my goals is to be able to win one of these once I transfer to a university that offers this program.

I'm not sure, but I think it may be up to each region to decide what the regional format will be.

When I played the winner's side in the regional was a race to 9, the loser's side a race to 7. The finals was a true double-elimination, at least back when only the winner of the regional got to go to the nationals.

Now they invite a certain number of players from a given regional based on how many total players competed in the regional. The more players in the regional, the more they invite to nationals. I think they are looking to have a field of 64 at the nationals these days.

I have seen the nationals hosted by a room with as few as about 9 or 10 tables, by the way.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
One more thing. If you're at a school that doesn't participate in a regional, you can go to the regional yourself, or to a qualifier (they sometimes hold qualifiers in addition to the regionals, or at least they have in the past).