Anyone played with the new Jacoby Hybrid Ultra Shaft

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I decided to go LD for awhile to see how I liked it and bought two used
Jacoby Hybrid Shafts and they play ok with Hard Tips and I intend to try softer ones.

I had decided to make the switch if I liked them and now Jacoby has come out with the
Ultra. I don't see anything about the first Hybrid being for sale any longer.

What is the big difference and does it play any different?

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried one at the expo, and if I hadn't just bought a new Edge hybrid and had the ferrule on my older one replaced, I'd have bought it on the spot. I did see a guy walk up, try the shaft on his cue, take less than 6 shots, and bought the shaft right then and there. the older edge hybrids were like having a 314/2 shaft with actual feedback, these are like a Mezz WX700, with how easy it is to aim. Jacoby is definitely building my next cue, and I'll be getting the ultra shafts. well worth the money IMO.

If you're interested, hit up Gary Serrano on FB.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I tried one at the expo, and if I hadn't just bought a new Edge hybrid and had the ferrule on my older one replaced, I'd have bought it on the spot. I did see a guy walk up, try the shaft on his cue, take less than 6 shots, and bought the shaft right then and there. the older edge hybrids were like having a 314/2 shaft with actual feedback, these are like a Mezz WX700, with how easy it is to aim. Jacoby is definitely building my next cue, and I'll be getting the ultra shafts. well worth the money IMO.

If you're interested, hit up Gary Serrano on FB.

I also play with the Hybrids pretty good shafts in my opinion but I do like
being able to get them again which now I can't. Interesting and thanks. I just can't see
another 600 right now so oh well.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI, I have both. The ultra is suppose to be stiffer as far as I know. Unfortunately I dont think my opinion counts on the shafts as my ultra is a 31 inch shaft and I think that caused it to be a little whippy. Overall I have been happy with Jacoby products.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I just got one at the APA event, an Ultra Skinny, 11.75 tip. So far it's great, different than
the Hybrid, a little stiffer, not "whippy" at all. I'll switch the tip to the Super Soft soon, but so far no complaints.