TAR 12 step program?

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off....Thanks for hooking us all up with the stream under some seriously tough weather conditions, BUT....WTF am I supposed to do all day today? :) the DCC is over and I have nothing to sweat.:frown:

It's amazing how addicting the action is. It's rare to see a $500 set at the pool room, but thats almost peanuts at the DCC, and I'd passout playing for that amount. After watching 5k, 15k, 25k action I felt like getting out and playinig!

Even though I got both PPV events I really didn't watch much of them...I"m an early bird, but the free stream was a blast chatting to everyone and learning about players from all over the country. Fred, Beav, Sarah, and the rest of the crew did a SUPER job in the booth! It might just seem like talking, but I figure that job can't be easy.

So, Thanks for all the fun, and hope to see you guys in Valley Forge in March.

I guess I'll go clean the house or something? :)

Gerry

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Agreed. A great concentration of all kinds of action. It's been a great time over the last week. I still can't believe that guy who challenged Raph against the 3 & 4 ball ghost (giving him ball in hand after the break and a wild 4 no less on the break) for $500 / game. :eek: He should have just held his wallet open and said take what you like!

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
beetle said:
Agreed. A great concentration of all kinds of action. It's been a great time over the last week. I still can't believe that guy who challenged Raph against the 3 & 4 ball ghost (giving him ball in hand after the break and a wild 4 no less on the break) for $500 / game. :eek: He should have just held his wallet open and said take what you like!

I missed that one, the 3&4 ball ghost? HUH? Please fill me in a bit more on what that was all about please.

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post, Gerry. Tonight it's back to normal, sweating or playing $20 sets at the local foolroom, hoping the beer's cold and the headbangers and/or rappers don't capture the jukebox. What a 1 - 2 punch: the DCC is over, and NFL is over after today. We pool/football fans are looking at a long "depression-session". Thank God for internet poker.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jnav447 said:
Great post, Gerry. Tonight it's back to normal, sweating or playing $20 sets at the local foolroom, hoping the beer's cold and the headbangers and/or rappers don't capture the jukebox. What a 1 - 2 punch: the DCC is over, and NFL is over after today. We pool/football fans are looking at a long "depression-session". Thank God for internet poker.

thanx J,

yea man!, its SO easy to get caught up in the action! I got a TON of stuff done today since the feed was done!.....oh well, the Expo is just around the corner, and we live about 1/2 hr away!!!!....NICE! :)

Gerry

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
selftaut said:
I missed that one, the 3&4 ball ghost? HUH? Please fill me in a bit more on what that was all about please.

Sorry, I was at a tournament and missed this post. The way I played, I probably wouldn't have been able to win this proposition that I'll detail below.

Anyway, a guy named Kirkus (sp.?) let Raph (the one who played Bergman the night before, getting the breaks and the 6 out, I believe, and losing) try to beat the 3 and 4 ball ghosts, alternately. So he would start by breaking the 3 balls (if the 3 went down, he won automatically), then he would get ball and hand and try and get out. If he did, he got $500. If not, he paid Kirkus $500. He then played the 4 ball ghost. Same rules, if the 4 went in, he won automatically, otherwise, he got ball in hand. Needless to say, he won 4 in a row, getting $2000 from Kirkus. Then Kirkus gave him the breaks and the 5/7, race to 5, for another $1000. Raph won that one, 5-0, I think. And that was that. Raph, who may be a C player, or a very sneaky gambler, won $3000 in about 30 minutes or less.

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
Gerry said:
First off....Thanks for hooking us all up with the stream under some seriously tough weather conditions, BUT....WTF am I supposed to do all day today? :) the DCC is over and I have nothing to sweat.:frown:

It's amazing how addicting the action is. It's rare to see a $500 set at the pool room, but thats almost peanuts at the DCC, and I'd passout playing for that amount. After watching 5k, 15k, 25k action I felt like getting out and playinig!

Even though I got both PPV events I really didn't watch much of them...I"m an early bird, but the free stream was a blast chatting to everyone and learning about players from all over the country. Fred, Beav, Sarah, and the rest of the crew did a SUPER job in the booth! It might just seem like talking, but I figure that job can't be easy.

So, Thanks for all the fun, and hope to see you guys in Valley Forge in March.

I guess I'll go clean the house or something? :)

Gerry
Gerry,
Thanks alot for adding me into that. Trust me brother, i didn't do too much except run my mouth on the mic. I was just honored that you guys were actually listening and not telling me to get someone more credible, lol. Thanks again brother.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
beav99_4life said:
Gerry,
Thanks alot for adding me into that. Trust me brother, i didn't do too much except run my mouth on the mic. I was just honored that you guys were actually listening and not telling me to get someone more credible, lol. Thanks again brother.

Anytime Beav, we all think we would be able to sit in the booth and be entertaining....BUT thats not so. You gave a real honest, upbeat, informative performance, and I liked it!

hope to meet you sometime,

Gerry

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
beetle said:
Sorry, I was at a tournament and missed this post. The way I played, I probably wouldn't have been able to win this proposition that I'll detail below.

Anyway, a guy named Kirkus (sp.?) let Raph (the one who played Bergman the night before, getting the breaks and the 6 out, I believe, and losing) try to beat the 3 and 4 ball ghosts, alternately. So he would start by breaking the 3 balls (if the 3 went down, he won automatically), then he would get ball and hand and try and get out. If he did, he got $500. If not, he paid Kirkus $500. He then played the 4 ball ghost. Same rules, if the 4 went in, he won automatically, otherwise, he got ball in hand. Needless to say, he won 4 in a row, getting $2000 from Kirkus. Then Kirkus gave him the breaks and the 5/7, race to 5, for another $1000. Raph won that one, 5-0, I think. And that was that. Raph, who may be a C player, or a very sneaky gambler, won $3000 in about 30 minutes or less.

Raphael had come to the TAR booth moments before and bought a shirt. He took out his large bank roll, peeled off a twenty, then peeled off his shirt to play. He was all the way back into the playing area before he realized that his bank roll was still on the TAR shirt table was.

Fred <~~~ thought it was a nice tip!