Something to Know About the "ABIA"

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Funny thing is, years ago installers were fast to join the ABIA to be a member because you HAD to join them to get reffered the work in your area. And everyone was proud to flash that ABIA certified mechanic symbol on their web page. Mark Gregory and I both did everything we could to let everyone know this was nothing but a scam....but installers continued to join, so we dropped it.....figuring to each their own. All i can say is that some of you have wised up, and others still don't care how they make their money.....just as long as they can make some money!!! Good work need not apply!!!

Billiards0518

Registered
Funny thing is, years ago installers were fast to join the ABIA to be a member because you HAD to join them to get reffered the work in your area. And everyone was proud to flash that ABIA certified mechanic symbol on their web page. Mark Gregory and I both did everything we could to let everyone know this was nothing but a scam....but installers continued to join, so we dropped it.....figuring to each their own. All i can say is that some of you have wised up, and others still don't care how they make their money.....just as long as they can make some money!!! Good work need not apply!!!

I, for one, would rather make SOME money, on my own, without the referrals, than to make ALL the money and enable the scam. It's called ETHICS.

Billiards0518

Registered
Here we are more than a year after my initial post and the problem persists.

Jeff has even upped his game. He's now offering table sellers a place to list their pool tables on his sites.

I don't know about the rest of you, but, I'm sick and tired of this guy gobbling up business in my area. He's ripping off people in my home town AND he's giving the billiard industry a VERY bad reputation.

I'm no internet expert. But, here's what I propose... Someone needs to make a Wiki page about the "ABIA", who owns it, and what they do. It should also be noted that not only are there no current industry recognized "installer's association".

The ONLY way we're going to be able to fight this is playing his game.

I have now made it my mission to bump his sites off the first page of all of the search engines. If I have to buy and create more websites, so be it. We should all be doing everything we can to get the information about them out there!

Who's with me????