Who do you like from here to win the Open?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can Shane come from the B side of the charts and win it all?

Will a new player emrerge, an unknown entity?

Will Niels Feijen finally get a U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship to add to his other many titles?

Will Young Gun Justin Bergman take it off?

Will Old School triumph and put Warren Kiamco in the winner's circle?

I have several players that have impressed me as far as their caliber of play this year. I'm kind of liking Justin Bergman right now. I hope he is getting his rest and eating well while in Virginia and not engaging in after-tournament activities.

Who do you like to win it all as of today, Wednesday, October 28th? :cool:

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I don't know much about the foreign players games and I watched him just dismantle Shaw recently (and he just beat my favorite player), Bergman. I hope he wins from here.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And let's not forget Oliver Ortmann. He's going to be inducted into the BCA's Hall of Fame this week. He's still on the winner's side of the charts. He plays Europe's Young Gun Ouschan next. It sure would be cool to see him win it all the same week he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame. What a shooter; what a guy! Oliver!

Attachments

• 67659_115222991871568_100001516044697_98845_1870725_n.jpg
    67659_115222991871568_100001516044697_98845_1870725_n.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 823

gwk9ball

Pool Junkie
Silver Member
Bergman is looking really confident right now, would like to see him snap off the Open then go help team USA win the Mosconi cup.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman is looking really confident right now, would like to see him snap off the Open then go help team USA win the Mosconi cup.

Bergman is the favorite for sure at this juncture.

Thanks to instructional pool author Phil Capelle who created this chart for the Final 16 on the winner's side:

Attachments

• 12189529_10153651773253959_5170347563404295841_n.jpg
    12189529_10153651773253959_5170347563404295841_n.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 792

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Seeing as I have a dime on Mike Dechaine at 50-1 I'm kind of rooting for Mike.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, Warren and Ralf is going to be a bloody battle there. Neither one has an Open championship, and both want this more than anything. It would be cool to see either one of them rise to the top.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Bergman

I would really like to see Justin Bergman to take it down. But I would also like to see SVB win 4 in a row.

I think him and SVB in the finals would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Carlo Biado, if he wins vs Shaw tonight, has a good chance. He just dismantled Hohmann after being behind 0-3 and then winning 11-3. That is 11 straight points for you.

Last edited:

Colonel

Silver Member
Man, Warren and Ralf is going to be a bloody battle there. Neither one has an Open championship, and both want this more than anything. It would be cool to see either one of them rise to the top.

Ralf is going down there.

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to be a pedantic so-and-so but Ralf won the US Open in 2002. If memory serves, that was the year of the live TV broadcast of the final and the ever-changing shot clock rules.

Colonel

Silver Member
OMG, 50:1? Yikes! Do you want to sell any of it? :happydance::happydance:

[Just kidding.] :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm liking it. I have a well to do "customer" give me those insane odds after he saw the original field.

I talked to him this morning & he said he feels sick now after watching how this has unfolded.

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Warren amazes me. I've seen him play bad and I mean like an APA 5 several times. It's hard to believe he is the same guy when he plays solid.