Pool Halls in Minneapolis

JL in ATL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm heading out for a bussiness trip next week to Minneapolis and will be staying near the airport. Anyone know of any good pool rooms in the area?

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3-4 good places

Sure shooters billiards- burnsville- Two Stooges Bar and Grill, Jimmys Pro billiards, CR-billiards the action is shooters, maybe shane will be around- pm me -we can talk about things action- can you play ?

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hollywood pretty much gave you the run down. Shooters is the closest to the airport. It is also the largest of the pool rooms-63 tables! It has the most action too. If you want, PM me for more info.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want an old world feel go to Fatboys! Been in the same location for the last 80 years or so. Great people great equipment, not your typical strip mall pool hall. My favorite in Minneapolis!
Dan

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
asks for cue now claims to be champ-doesn't sponsor tar

How long does it take to establish residency? in Georgia 30 days- like most others . Hey vette aren't you the guy who works for Pops,and claim as finance manager you just play cards and surf! and all that money why were you begging for Doug Patrick to give you a cue? There's 10 guys up here that won both the bca and apa team nationals. that would love to play some georgia peaches. lol, lol, lol, where's billy, your card bud- It was fun too watch billy and scott play at the derby last yr- billy played 500. rack and quit after 7 losses. I thought the free dvd set- was a joke- glad you earned those squares. After olathe I even got me a pair of the shorts billy was wearing . please no harm intended have a great day- mark

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
JL in ATL said:
Thanks for the info! Hollywood, you lost me on that last post.

I'm with you. Mark, are you talking to imaginary people again?:eek:uttahere: Fatboys is ,by far, the "old school" pool room, but there is no action usually and a lot smaller then the other rooms. I like the old school feel to a room, but I know lot of people would not like the place.

OneArmed

the agony of billiards...
Silver Member
Closest to the airport is definitely Shooter's, but you just have to stop by Jimmy's :)

tanco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HollyWood said:
There's 10 guys up here that won both the bca and apa team nationals. that would love to play some georgia peaches.

The national champs you are speaking of won't bet more than $20 a set unless they are stealing. Even if they are stealing it's like pulling teeth getting them to bet something. Hell, they can just travel across town to Shooter's if they want some action even from a non national or state champ or a 15 year old kid.

tanco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JL in ATL said:
I'm heading out for a bussiness trip next week to Minneapolis and will be staying near the airport. Anyone know of any good pool rooms in the area?

Shooter's Billiards located in Burnsville ph. 952-894-1100. It's about a 12 minute drive from the airport. Monday night they have a open 9-ball tournament starting at 7:30 pm. Wednesday night they have a handicapped tournament starting at 7:00 pm.

JMB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quedup said:
If you want an old world feel go to Fatboys! Been in the same location for the last 80 years or so. Great people great equipment, not your typical strip mall pool hall. My favorite in Minneapolis!
Dan
ATTENTION Anyone looking for a nice place to play PLEASE eliminate fatboys from your choices. It's a dump, very bad equipment and a owner that is part of the STIGMA that ruins the name of pool.

Reactions: sde

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry about the misinformation I was remembering about your home state.

sorry I posted in the wrong section-was for vette in the action report-king of the hill. another great sun shiny day in minnesota, mark