Unknown Sneaky Pete

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was encouraged to post this Pool Cue in the "Ask the Cuemaker" forum. I purchased it last year from the original owner. I am hoping to identify the cuemaker. If you have any info or think you recognize anything about the pool cue that would help with the identification, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me.

Cheers,
Tony

Sneaky 6.jpeg

Sneaky 5.jpeg

Sneaky 4.jpeg

Sneaky 3.jpeg

Sneaky 2.jpeg

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused

You bought it from the orignal owner, but no one knows who made it?

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You bought it from the orignal owner, but no one knows who made it?

I could elaborate more on the original owner, but what’s the point, I’d still come back to the fact that he didn’t know who made it. Sometimes I forget what I had for dinner last week. No telling how good my memory will be when I get into my 80s.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was encouraged to post this Pool Cue in the "Ask the Cuemaker" forum. I purchased it last year from the original owner. I am hoping to identify the cuemaker. If you have any info or think you recognize anything about the pool cue that would help with the identification, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony
Just based on your location. There was a cue maker who passed away a few years back who mainly did sneaky Pete's. I'm embarrassed and sorry that I don't remember his name at this time. But, one thing I remember is 3/8x10 joint screws with a center hole and the screw stuck out longer like yours. Hopefull this will jog someone's memory.

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tony
Just based on your location. There was a cue maker who passed away a few years back who mainly did sneaky Pete's. I'm embarrassed and sorry that I don't remember his name at this time. But, one thing I remember is 3/8x10 joint screws with a center hole and the screw stuck out longer like yours. Hopefull this will jog someone's memory.

Michael,

Thank you for the info. According to the original owner, the pool cue was purchased from its cue maker in the late 60s at a Pool Hall in West Palm Beach Florida (Purdy Lane-name of Pool Hall). However, the consensus feeling is that the Pool Cue is more likely made in the 80s or early 90s. It is my belief that the spur drive marks are exclusive to the cuemaker as I haven’t encountered anybody who has seen spur drives like the ones on this pool cue. I would still be interested in knowing the name of the cuemaker you remember.

Cheers,
Tony