super glue on shaft help !!

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
Well as the title say ive gotten super glue on my 314, is there anyway i can get it out without having to use any chemicals that will hurt the wood ?

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Well as the title say ive gotten super glue on my 314, is there anyway i can get it out without having to use any chemicals that will hurt the wood ?

Lightly sand it smooth with the grain not much else you can do, and it really doesn't hurt anything.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ok sounds good but will it take away the discoloration ???
That depends on how deep the super glue penetrated and if it has chalk under it. If it soaked chalk into the shaft you may not easily get it out. You might want to have your local repairman look at it. Lightly sanding for a few seconds on a lathe would let you know where you stand.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello sir a moment of your time

I'd contact Sheldon Lebow- I'd have him clean and super glue the whole shaft!!! It will be well worth it. It will be sealed and you won't be able to mess it up. next time your putting on a tip> mark

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I'd contact Sheldon Lebow- I'd have him clean and super glue the whole shaft!!! It will be well worth it. It will be sealed and you won't be able to mess it up. next time your putting on a tip> mark

Wait what!?!? Superglue the whole shaft? You're kidding right?

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think that he is kidding as I have heard and seen people use ca as a form of shaft sealant. You apply a few thin coats and sand off just leaving the ca in the pores of the shaft.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
Ok, as a sealant it seems better. I was thinking along the lines of having a complete finish on it.