Snap magazine

Nature Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure this has been covered before, but I was wondering why the magazine went under. I have been looking at a few back issues, and the magazine was incredible. How can the rags we have now survive for as long as they have and that one only make it two years?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am sure this has been covered before, but I was wondering why the magazine went under. I have been looking at a few back issues, and the magazine was incredible. How can the rags we have now survive for as long as they have and that one only make it two years?

A GREAT mag! I've got some extra back issues. PM me for info.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats easy, they mismanaged it and never paid any of their bills. They bleed what ever money there was out of it. I got stiffed for hundreds of dollars for paid in advanced advertising. They just took the money and ran screwing everybody.

ronhudson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As to the reason for failure -- the same thing that's plagueing all magazines and newspapers right now -- high distribution costs and low advertising revenues. If you can't a profit, you move on.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As to the reason for failure -- the same thing that's plagueing all magazines and newspapers right now -- high distribution costs and low advertising revenues. If you can't a profit, you move on.

Except they were still selling advertising even after they had decided to fold the magazine. I got a bill after I had already been told by someone on the inside the Mag had gone under.

ronhudson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except they were still selling advertising even after they had decided to fold the magazine. I got a bill after I had already been told by someone on the inside the Mag had gone under.

Well, that's part of "moving on". You continue to try to make a profit while cutting all unnecessary expenses.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I have a full set available for sale ($450 deliverd) and some back issues if anyone is shopping. Great collectable stuff.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the full set!! Many covers are signed by the legends! :smile: $600 nothing less.