Make it Happen Talk 12/15

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren got control back after Earl had to play safe on the 1, but got into a bank position on the 5, missed and left it in front of the pocket.

Earl cleared the rest off for the victory, 13-1.

Final TPA's .975 and .649

.975... Is that good?

I dunno, I think maybe it's time for Earl to hang up his arm weights.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sloppy Pockets...In the entire history of Accu-Stats (tens of thousands of recorded matches) there's been exactly ONE (1) 1.000 match. That was Wade Crane and it was more than 30 years ago. So, yeah, I'd say shooting a .975 is good! Considering he demolished another world champion, I'd say he played pretty well!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

.975... Is that good?

I dunno, I think maybe it's time for Earl to hang up his arm weights.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sloppy Pockets...In the entire history of Accu-Stats (tens of thousands of recorded matches) there's been exactly ONE (1) 1.000 match. That was Wade Crane and it was more than 30 years ago. So, yeah, I'd say shooting a .975 is good! Considering he demolished another world champion, I'd say he played pretty well!

Scott Lee

Are you sure there was only one?
Billy Johnson had a 1,000 ACCU-STAT on Buddy Hall....:cool:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Jesus, do I have to start using ENGLISH's "green text for sarcasm"? Lol

Just playing off Johnny T's thread about Earl needing to call it quits. Yeah, Earl was playing like God tonight, without a doubt. ;)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

I'm quite sure there were more. There have been a few 1.000 matches. However, there was only one 1.000 in the finals of a professional tournament recorded by Accustats: wade crane, Last Call for 9-ball.

Pretty sure that's been reported here a few times.

Freddie <~~~ could be misremembering

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm quite sure there were more. There have been a few 1.000 matches. However, there was only one 1.000 in the finals of a professional tournament recorded by Accustats: wade crane, Last Call for 9-ball.

Pretty sure that's been reported here a few times.

Freddie <~~~ could be misremembering

The Miz lost the lag to Allen Hopkins in a final once ( race to 9)....
...and Allen ran the set out...gotta be 1,000....but not filmed by ACCU-STATS

Same thing happened to Nick Varner....can't remember who did it.
....Nick said he dogged the coin flip

bral

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So SVB just put a 5-pack? (part of an 8 games in a row barrage) on Jayson Shaw to win 13-5.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic performance by Shane blowing away Jayson with a 5 pack and 9 consecutive racks
The key rack was rack 10 when Jayson did not capitalise on Shane's miss and let Shane tie it 5-5
Shane shot Highest TPA of this event so far .943

Tomorrow all 3 remaining matches are all key as they will determine who plays in final
Thorsten v Earl
Shane v Darren
Kevin Cheng v Jayson

If Shane and Jayson win their matches tomorrow , both will be in final
If they both lose , then you could have 4 players on 3-2 win loss record

Calling the resident researcher / statsman, Atlarge
What are the tiebreaker criteria if more than 2 are on 3-2 win loss?
Is it head to head first or racks won / racks loss or what ?
:D

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scott Lee

Accu-Stats also filmed both Efren and Mika with 1.000 matches at the Derby City Classic. :smile:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Accu-Stats also filmed both Efren and Mika with 1.000 matches at the Derby City Classic. :smile:

Yep, pretty well confirmed by Itsfroze.....

Another not on tape would be a 13-pack by Johnny Archer on Busty...early 90s.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the tiebreaker criteria if more than 2 are on 3-2 win loss?
Is it head to head first or racks won / racks loss or what ?
:D

Pat said first tiebreaker would be total games(racks) won. Second tiebreaker would be total balls made.

Should it still be tied, it would go down to head-to-head record.