carom billiard challenge

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has there ever been a " carom challenge" in this forum?
I like the straight pool challenge in the 14:1, they post their high run and some have links to video to prove it. It's pretty cool.
I got a table at home and don't always have an opponent so I try and do drills or challenges to keep my interest and my focus on the shot, which is hard to do sometimes for more than 15-20 minutes or so. Last night I started a challenge game where I break and shoot till I miss then shoot the other ball till I miss and on and on for 15 minutes and try and make as many billiards as possible. I set a timer on my phone to countdown the time. It's fun!
I got 16 on my first try and was pretty happy. Then next time I got the camcorder out and gave it a shot on film and got 22! wow! I didn't do so well the next few times so I started to land back in reality pretty quickly.
So I thought it would be a fun challenge for all you carom players with a table, camera and no opponent. I posted my results on my YouTube page to show my buddy what I was doing.
Give it a shot and post your results
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BL88tjj2MAs4kb40SGQcw

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Let's have a link to your 22 shot run video,id love to see it
I'm terrible so I won't be able to do a challenge for a while
Even though I do this daily
I might not even make 15 in 15 minutes, and rarely more than 2 in a row, I've got no one to play with or learn from

there it is thanks

Last edited:

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
re; carom challenge

I made 22 billiards total, not in a row. I got off 42 shots in 15 min= 22 hits and 20 miss.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I made 22 billiards total, not in a row. I got off 42 shots in 15 min= 22 hits and 20 miss.

Ooh I gotcha well that's dIfferent:thumbup:
I've tried setting setting up my phone to record, it does the trick

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
re; carom challenge

I thought about just runs but would have got tired of re racking and re starting camera so much. Since missing is such a big part of the game I thought total billiards over a period of time would be easier. Then you may get a big run in that 15 minutes!
I ran a 7 to close my time and should have kept shooting because 9 is my high, and I had a natural when my time expired!!

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jeagle64 , you should learn straight rail . You'll fall in love with this game.

meet a small games carom player.

A simple advice : try to achieve your shot by controling the CB to remain as near as possible to the OB2 . that's the -first- key. It works :)

Last edited:

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jeagle64 , you should learn straight rail . You'll fall in love with this game.

meet a small games carom player.

A simple advice : try to achieve your shot by controling the CB to remain as near as possible to the OB2 . that's the -first- key. It works :)

I have played it and I love it. Its so much more complex than it looks. I play it with my daughter where she just has to hit one ball to score and I have to hit both, she kills me, It's way to much weight to give a 6 year old!

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played it and I love it. Its so much more complex than it looks. I play it with my daughter where she just has to hit one ball to score and I have to hit both, she kills me, It's way to much weight to give a 6 year old!

If you ever decide to pursue the straight game seriously, try to get a copy of Daly's Billiard book from back in the day It is readily available used, and it has all of the key straight rail patterns in it.

Also try to find some of the small game videos on youtube, particularly Caudron.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Nice goin
Much better angle,like they have on kozoom

I've been trying in vein to get something worth while to post, it's like soon as I hit record,I can't make the break shot

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
i did one complete for the fist time,
only got 9
no need posting that one up,

i usually get so frustrated i dont even go the15 minutes and just start over,

feel like im making ground despite 9 being the most i could make in 15 minuets all night,im getting my mental side under control a little better, in baby steps

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's have a link to your 22 shot run video,id love to see it
I'm terrible so I won't be able to do a challenge for a while
Even though I do this daily
I might not even make 15 in 15 minutes, and rarely more than 2 in a row, I've got no one to play with or learn from

there it is thanks

go up to bida billiards. they have carom tables and you should be able to find someone to play/watch/learn from.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
did one today, got 11

i wanted to put up the video but once it went from my phone to pc its upside down
ahh, im gonna give it another go before calling it quits tonight, feel like i can beat that 11

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
OK I just uploaded it to the surface pro and its all good,

the sound echos so much in here, ill make sure to deal with it better next vid
the music wasn't as loud as it sounds, it was at 1am

also sounds like Im shooting ten times harder than I was

good to see vid of yourself playing to get some analysis
I could be taking more time on my shots,

anyways heres my 11 in 15 minutes, the best take I felt like putting up
feel like im inproving weekly now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pbdc29jmkd9rca/TRIM_20160324_232840.mp4?dl=0