Dowel making machine

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Does anyone know who has a machine that is designed specifically to cut DymondWood Dowels?

Thanks,
JoeyA

JimBob

Emerick's Custom Cues
Silver Member
Breanna had one a couple of years ago trying to sell i don't know if he would still have it or not, you might look up the old post.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Lee of Brianna Products is retired from the billiard business and has no related machinery.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

Doweling machines are expensive but are very efficient and turn squares to round in seconds.

They are hard to find used.

My machine new with 4 carbide cutting size set ups was just under $ 8000.00 with shipping if my memory serves me. It weighs over 750 lbs.

Rick

Last edited:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Do you get a dog leg at the end of your dowels Rick? I do and the dowels I received from Cue Components had the same..bend.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Do you get a dog leg at the end of your dowels Rick? I do and the dowels I received from Cue Components had the same..bend.

Randy,

It depends on the thickness. On a 1.5 cutter set up you can go .125 over or under.

If you have a perfect 1.5 x 1.5 it should come out perfectly round end to end. If the dimension are of a little you can get a flat spot.

You have to put centers on and true them anyway so no big deal.

Rick

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Randy,

It depends on the thickness. On a 1.5 cutter set up you can go .125 over or under.

If you have a perfect 1.5 x 1.5 it should come out perfectly round end to end. If the dimension are of a little you can get a flat spot.

You have to put centers on and true them anyway so no big deal.

Rick

On the 1 incher. It didn't seem to matter how i set it up.. All my shaft dowels had a boot leg.

DECO CUE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't let there be a gap between square blanks, have all your blanks ready and push the ends together as they feed into cutter head one after another also your vee rest may need to be adjusted on the round side.
I put a garbage can on the finish end and let dowels fall into it.