Interview with Ron Rosas

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Hi Ron, we love all of your old pool stories, tell us one of your favorites.

"Alex will be playing Sky Woodward using a Bulletproof Break Tip and my money was on Alex, but now Sky is using Bullet Proof Break Tips too!
Better than Toam, Icebreaker, or any of these Phenolic Tips and more control than a hard leather Samsara! Thank you good Folks at Bulletproof Break Tips! I owe you big time!"

That's a great story, how has your health been?

"Alex will be playing Sky Woodward using a Bulletproof Break Tip and my money was on Alex, but now Sky is using Bullet Proof Break Tips too!
Better than Toam, Icebreaker, or any of these Phenolic Tips and more control than a hard leather Samsara! Thank you good Folks at Bulletproof Break Tips! I owe you big time!"

Good to hear, any advice for players wanting to get better.

We're running short on time Ron, what city do you call home now?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You forgot to post the 3-foot-tall scans of a results printout from 1988. :thumbup:

Even though he has a percentage on that page, if you compare number of games played..... He did not go deep in the tournament. :duck:

But onto my question for Ron.

Ron, how would you categorize those bulletproof tips?

Are they:

A) The bomb
B) The shit
C) The shizzle of your dizzle my nizzle
D) Pretty good for a piece of plastic
E) Alex will be playing Sky Woodward using a Bulletproof Break Tip and my money was on Alex, but now Sky is using Bullet Proof Break Tips too!
Better than Toam, Icebreaker, or any of these Phenolic Tips and more control than a hard leather Samsara! Thank you good Folks at Bulletproof Break Tips! I owe you big time!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Can I choose C and E?

Even though he has a percentage on that page, if you compare number of games played..... He did not go deep in the tournament. :duck:

But onto my question for Ron.

Ron, how would you categorize those bulletproof tips?

Are they:

A) The bomb
B) The shit
C) The shizzle of your dizzle my nizzle
D) Pretty good for a piece of plastic
E) Alex will be playing Sky Woodward using a Bulletproof Break Tip and my money was on Alex, but now Sky is using Bullet Proof Break Tips too!
Better than Toam, Icebreaker, or any of these Phenolic Tips and more control than a hard leather Samsara! Thank you good Folks at Bulletproof Break Tips! I owe you big time!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Ron in a YouTube video a few weeks ago. Found out where he’s at these days. Was very happy to see he’s well. I remember him in the mid 80’s coming up to Sacramento. He played so strong. Always liked him, good guy. All my respect!!

Happy New Years
Fatboy

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Ron in a YouTube video a few weeks ago. Found out where he’s at these days. Was very happy to see he’s well. I remember him in the mid 80’s coming up to Sacramento. He played so strong. Always liked him, good guy. All my respect!!

Happy New Years
Fatboy

Is Ron playing at Million Dollar Billiards? I’ve got a trip to Burbank later in the month and would like to see my old friend again.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

Happy New Years
Fatboy

He seems like a cool dude. There are probably some good stories about the guy, I heard of him from when he was mentioned on a podcast about ‘chem players’ which is right up my alley. My style if you will. Most will forgive him his transgression of not really ever saying much on AzB and then showing up with these crazy posts about a new tip like some kind of infomercial:) Say hello Ron rosas. Happy new year to everyone

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Ron playing at Million Dollar Billiards? I’ve got a trip to Burbank later in the month and would like to see my old friend again.

That would be correct. Hit me up and I'll meet up with you for some 1P :)

Happy New Year!!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be correct. Hit me up and I'll meet up with you for some 1P :)

Happy New Year!!

That’s great. I’ll give you a heads up a day or two before. Do you know if Hardtimes will have their 1P tournament Saturday January 25?

neolux

Registered

Happy New Years
Fatboy
Ron is alive and well. He plays out of a small pool hall in Pacoima called Playa Azul billiards. He just made a couple more videos. He is starting to talk about his life and his career as a pool player for 25 years.

Last edited:

neolux

Registered
Ron is not playing at million dollar Billiards anymore. He plays out of a small pool hall in Pacoima called Playa azul. Recently I took him down to Good Times billiards in Lakewood California he played a senior eight ball tournament. I speak to him almost every morning he's 70 years old and doing well.