Stinger Vs. Predator Bk2

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Only considering the breaking features, which of these two break cues is the better break cue IN YOUR OPINION.

Please advise only if you have tried both of them and only if you do not sell them. I know I have cut down on the responses big time but I would like a consensus of opinion by AZers who have experienced both of them and who don't have a vested interest.

Thanks a lot.!
JoeyA (hoping this won't be one of those neutron threads.)

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that they both break excellent, the BK2 feels a little more solid on every hit even slightly off center hits. I used a stinger for about 8 months maybe a little longer and have switched to a BK2 since ummmm about march. The big flaw of the stinger for me was that the shaft has a finish on it, a clear finish that gets sticky and it really was bad when my hands got the least bit humid. I would burn my finger often. The BK2 has a smaller tip which I think makes it a bit harder to park the cue but have gotten used to it. I like them both a lot the Stinger jumps fantastic especially for a full cue jump and its realll pretty hah..

Eric.

chamillionare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have both break cues i feel the stinger hits the balls a fraction harder, but it is harder to control the cue ball with.
i removed the varnish finish on the shaft and butt of the stinger which made it alot easier to break with, it is a better looking cue then the the bk2 but overall i think the bk2 is the better package.

buck15

going broke! got there!
Silver Member
owned them both

i have owned them both and i think that the bk2 breaks better. more solid feeling. i think the control is the same. the stinger has a weird feeling when you strike the cue ball. alomost feels hollow and has a very sharp "tink" when you strike the cue ball. i have just purchased my bk2 a month or so ago and i am liking it more and more. the one big benifit that the stinger has and i know you don't want to hear it so close your eyes for a second, the stinget jumps the best out of any cue i have used. my omen is a close second but it jumps with a full cue wich is awsome and more accurate. i used the stinger for a couple years and if i get more used to the bk2, i am sure it will get nothing but better in another 2 years. but....the best jump/break cue i have used is hands down my omen. it jumps good, has the longer jump section at the joing and it breaks a ton and VERY solid. i actually carry them both. good luck.

John Barton

I have tried both and sell neither.

Both have excellent but differeing qualities. After usign both with the Break Rak I could park my cue ball in the center of the table more often with the Predator than with the Stinger.

I personally don't feel that either cue or any cue for that matter is truly better for breaking. I think that the Stinger with it's phenolic tip does what all the phenolic tipped cues do which is to provide for more speed with less power. Sometimes this translates into better control as the player is able to better control their stroke at lower speeds.

Buy a Fury! JUST KIDDING Joey. :))

Seriously, the BK2 is more like a normal cue from the feeling and the Stinger feels like the new age jump/breaks. It's really a feel thing and someone else's experience may not be the same as yours.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks for all of the insightful replies. This forum is awesome. REP to all of you.
JoeyA

etimmons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
break cue

I have owned them both and I think the bk2 breaks better more solid. I also now break with the cannon break cue and it hits way better than any cue I have ever broken with.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the other posters that the bk2 feels more solid. I don't like the feel of cues with a one piece ferrule and tip. It feels to hard. There is a site that claims to do independant tests of the most commonly made cues, Platinum billards. Look at the comparison between the two cues you mention. The speed of the two is almost the same,with the bk2 coming out a little ahead. But, then look at the deflection of the shafts. The bk2 comes out way ahead. This is important. When you hit the ball hard it is very difficult to hit it dead center. Therefore, you will get deflection. I feel more in control with my bk2, but I don't think you would be terribly disappointed with either cue. Good luck what you choose.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I have owned both also. I too, must say that the BK2 is a much better break cue in my opinion. Better feel and easier to control the rock.
JMHO