Action cues ? decent

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered a Action inlay series 12 and it looks to be a nice cue , I wanted a cheaper cue to have to take out to places were there is a lot of people . The inlay series is nice and looking , does anybody have any info on them and are they good cues, is there anything to change on them such as a ferrule . it comes with a layered tip , it reminds me of the Joss color of money cue buy the look of the points . Here is a link to it -
https://www.pooldawg.com/action-inl12-pool-cue

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are buying cheap cues like action, elite, players, always worth checking amazon first, I bought that cue on Amazon new a for 36$.

6WHlS0x.jpg

The hit and construction can vary a lot from cue to cue it seems, could get a nice one or a total dud, at least that's my experience.

Last edited:

Muddog

Registered
Their house cues take a beating in all my local joints and play decent if the tips not trash
Don’t know their 2 piece cues
Looks nice let us know how it plays

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok , Here Is the review on the Cue . First the Shaft was way to big for me , It was to be a 13mm but felt and looked like a 15mm, So I had to have my guy turn the shaft down to 11.65 which is were I like them. I had him install a Ultra skin soft tip and it plays really good, I really like it . The cue play's wonderful and is balanced good, I always get 19 oz and I must have got a good one. The only draw back to me is they come with baseball shafts and I do not like them that big. 11.5-12 is were I like a shaft to be, But I bought this cue worth the money and $ 40 for the turn down on the shaft I am still in the good.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In regards to your question in a similiar thread Texas Carom Club, when I setup a room In my air b&b, I got a bunch of new action and elite cues as house cues as well as a couple players cues, they ended up being cheaper than one piece house cues and were in 30.00 to 40.00 dollar range(retail was 150.00 to 200.00).

Construction wasn't spectacular, ranking I'd go players, elite, then action
Build specs varied from cue to cue, shafts not interchangeable without overhang due to pin tolerances, some stayed straight some didn't.

If a person buy a 150.00 elite, and 150.00 action and then another cheap 150.00 cue, they could have thrown in some extra cash and had a cue maker build it. Or get a used cue with higher resale value than these.

I don't think someone is better off with an expensive cue, but how many cheap cues do you need to bang balls around, if you got a house table it's cool, but I wouldn't spend the retail price on these multiple times.