One pocket foul

JayBates

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen this played both ways locally so I'm just wondering which is correct. A or B?

Assuming no other standard fouls were committed... If a ball is pocketed in one of the four non player pockets does that person (A) just spot the pocketed ball and it's the next players turn or (B) does the person spot the pocketed ball, lose a point as a foul for pocketing in a non player pocket, and then spot a second ball for the loss of point?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not a foul to pocket a ball in another pocket, you just spot the made ball and it's the other player's turn.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen this played both ways locally so I'm just wondering which is correct. A or B?

Assuming no other standard fouls were committed... If a ball is pocketed in one of the four non player pockets does that person (A) just spot the pocketed ball and it's the next players turn or (B) does the person spot the pocketed ball, lose a point as a foul for pocketing in a non player pocket, and then spot a second ball for the loss of point?
"A". Have never seen the "B" option used.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not a foul to pocket a ball in another pocket, you just spot the made ball and it's the other player's turn.

But since it's not a foul the player continues if he also pockets a ball in his own pocket, right?

Same if he pockets a ball in the opponent's pocket plus one in his own, right?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But since it's not a foul the player continues if he also pockets a ball in his own pocket, right?

Spot it up and continue your inning.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

yes
yes unless the ball he pockets in his opponents pocket is his (opponent) game winning ball

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Pocketing a ball in the top four pockets is never a foul, and if a ball is pocketed there while also making a ball in ones own hole them that pocketed ball in the top four isn’t spotted up till your inning is over.

Unless you need one and that ball in top four pocket is the last ball then it spots back up and the player continues to shoot.

I know a few good shots that deal with this situation may try and diagram later if I get time out here.

-greyghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pocketing a ball in the top four pockets is never a foul, and if a ball is pocketed there while also making a ball in ones own hole them that pocketed ball in the top four isn’t spotted up till your inning is over.

Unless you need one and that ball in top four pocket is the last ball then it spots back up and the player continues to shoot.

I know a few good shots that deal with this situation may try and diagram later if I get time out here.

-greyghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey Keebie, you goin to the one-hole event at Buffalos' this week? Looks like it outta be fairly kick-ass.

slim123

iF A PERSON POCKETS A BALL IN ANY OTHER POCKET OTHER THAN ONE OF THE TWO BEING PLAYED, THAT BALL IS SPOTTED THERE IS NO FOUL NO PENALTY,. IF HE POCKETED ONE IN HIS POCKET, HE CONTINUES TO SHOOT, REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER BALL GOING IN.
THE POCKET BALL IN THE WRONG POCKET IS SPOTTED AFTER HE RETIRES HIS TURN( MISSES A SHOT IN HIS POCKET)

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iF A PERSON POCKETS A BALL IN ANY OTHER POCKET OTHER THAN ONE OF THE TWO BEING PLAYED, THAT BALL IS SPOTTED THERE IS NO FOUL NO PENALTY,. IF HE POCKETED ONE IN HIS POCKET, HE CONTINUES TO SHOOT, REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER BALL GOING IN.
THE POCKET BALL IN THE WRONG POCKET IS SPOTTED AFTER HE RETIRES HIS TURN( MISSES A SHOT IN HIS POCKET)
Why are you shouting after 2.5 years?