are many of the best players using long

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
If you have a 56 inch cue, it's harder to reach some shots than a 58-60 inch cue

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
cues and if so how long
and does anyone know what the advantage is

How would any of us know what the BEST players are using? Or, more to the point, why would we care?
Why don't you direct your question to the rank and file here at AZB? :smile:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cues and if so how long
and does anyone know what the advantage is

The advantage is really for those who have moved beyond the Bumper Pool and 7 foot tables. (There's a comment that should get this started.)

Most cues I sell are 60", many customers want extensions between 5" and 12".

Tall people love them as well, my tallest customer is 6"10" and he loved it at first grip.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 6' 5" and love my extended 64 inch cue. It feels better to not have my hand at the back of the cue.

Only downside is hitting walls in some places.

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
I agree I am also 6'5 and have tried cues with mid and back extensions. in the process of have a butt made 32 inches long. I think it gives the ability to reach more shots and I believe for the Pros IMO it allows a more consistent stroke as a tall player a lot of shots my hand is past my elbow at the cue ball so I don't have much follow through on a lot of shots.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
How would any of us know what the BEST players are using? Or, more to the point, why would we care?
Why don't you direct your question to the rank and file here at AZB? :smile:

Hey Tramp, are either of your high quality cues available in anything longer than 40 inches :thumbup: ?

Lyn

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Hey Tramp, are either of your high quality cues available in anything longer than 40 inches :thumbup: ?

Lyn

Indeed they are. Both cues are available in a 32 inch version for children, midgets, and other vertically challenged individuals, as well as a 68 inch model for circus freaks, and NBA players.
We also offer cues that shoot around corners, and a special braille model for those folks who are optically impaired.
Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. has always been committed the special needs group here at AZB, sometimes. :smile:

Last edited:

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 6' and just started using a 62" cue.

I like it, though it makes it hard to jack up. I think I'd prefer 60" or at least a better balance on this 62" because it's too far back.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Indeed they are. Both cues are available in a 32 inch version for children, midgets, and other vertically challenged individuals, as well as a 68 inch model for circus freaks, and NBA players.
We also offer cues that shoot around corners, and a special braille model for those folks who are optically impaired.
Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. has always been committed the special needs group here at AZB, sometimes. :smile:

" I heard you made a 7 foot cue for Earl,
bur he said it was too short :D

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
" I heard you made a 7 foot cue for Earl,
bur he said it was too short :D

Yes. It was 7 feet 2 inches, to be exact, without the extension. The extension added another 2 feet 10 inches. Our design department had to come up with a new case.
We made two cues for him. The aforementioned player, and a break cue that weighed a whopping 13 pounds, utilizing our new 4Skin Diamond Cutter, break tip.
The first time Earl used it the cue ball left the table and went through a concrete block wall and out onto the sidewalk. It struck a woman pushing a baby carriage, in the side of the head, knocking her cold. The baby carriage continued down a slight incline where it collided with a street vendor selling hot salted pretzels. The pretzel cart and baby carriage were completely demolished. Baby, and vendor, however, were only slightly injured.
After the lawsuits were settled Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. ceased doing business with Mr. Strickland. :nono:

franwshngtn

Banned
should you decide to change your cue length, especially longer, you'll need to practice quite a bit.
mistakes easily happen up there.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Well all jokes aside, I started using the Balancerite Extension and I like the way it is working out. I get into issues at times with walls but not often. I even have a back extension if needed. I think its worth the investment.

Black Cat :cool: