Would you make this trade ??

JohnnyFlash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I have an Alex Brick that has been put away for over a year. I purchased a monster Diveney and that is all I shoot with now. A guy wants to trade me his Diveney for my Brick and I would have to add 200 cash. I love the way Diveney cues play but also was thinking of putting up the Brick for keepsakes. Alex made 3 of these cues and mine was the only one of the 3 that didn't get sent back to get an ivory joint. I talked with Alex over a year ago and he told me that mine is the only stainless joint he has out. What would you guys do ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1459220468258.jpg
    FB_IMG_1459220468258.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 738
  • FB_IMG_1459220486002.jpg
    FB_IMG_1459220486002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 742
  • 20150106_200334.jpg
    20150106_200334.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 741
  • 20150106_190550.jpg
    20150106_190550.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 735

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had the Brick, I would keep it. If that's the only stainless joint he's done, that makes it unique. For me, it's all about having unique cues regardless of Market Value. I also don't care for the inlays or the ringwork in the Diveney pictured, although I am impressed by the splicing.

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
didnt Alex Brick pass away rather recently? if so i would keep the brick as there will never be more made. as far as the Diveney cue i am very familiar with it as it belonged to a
good friend of mine who i play with.....very soild cue. it was made supposedly from an old helmstetter/adam blank (ive never seen one like it but thats what i was told)

Last edited:

MnHunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like the diviney then that is all that matters. personally I love my diviney and wouldn't trade that cue for the brick if I was in his position. As far as being his only stainless joint cue, I know for a fact that is not a correct statement. I had a really nice wrapless brick I traded away years ago with a stainless joint.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that I'm qualified, but, with the way the market is now and looks to be in the near future I'd keep which ever one I liked more with no thought to perceived values

JohnnyFlash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I am going from the conversation I had with Alex. I wanted him to make my joint ivory and he told me not to because this was the only one he had made with a stainless joint. Now coming from the makers mouth, I will stand by his word. Now whether or not someone else put a stainlesss joint in that cue , is another story. BTW , here is my Brick and Diveney together. I just love the feel of my Diveney that is why I am entertaining the idea of the trade.

Attachments

• 20160207_003244.jpg
    20160207_003244.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 20160207_003230.jpg
    20160207_003230.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 575

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I am going from the conversation I had with Alex. I wanted him to make my joint ivory and he told me not to because this was the only one he had made with a stainless joint. Now coming from the makers mouth, I will stand by his word. Now whether or not someone else put a stainlesss joint in that cue , is another story. BTW , here is my Brick and Diveney together. I just love the feel of my Diveney that is why I am entertaining the idea of the trade.

I LOVE that blue and ebony Diveny!!!! Looks awesome brother!!!

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I don't think I'd add 200 with the brick for the diveny personally. Bricks are under rated, and yours is unique. Will it ever be worth a bunch, probably not, but it is still a unique cue, that can't be replaced.

The same might be true of the diveny, but you can still order new ones.

commswatch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said Alex made three cues like yours....2 were sent back to get ivory joints, that leaves ONE remaining original stainless joint, the ONLY one, on your cue, from the original 3. Brick has made tons of stainless joints. I think your joint concern is simply a misunderstanding.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Irregardless of everything else.... if you're not sure, don't do it.

Now, for my opinion... That Diveny looks very busy, the Brick looks all business. I'd keep the Brick and the $200. Not to mention the fact that you already have a Diveny...