Any Oregonians on AzB?

Mehntos

Registered
Portland native here looking for others in the area that don't light loose ends of felt resulting in a table with a hole that looks like someone put a cigarette out on it. :)

Mehntos

Registered
I'm more south on the Oregon City side. I've meandered into the headache known as downtown from time to time.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy looks like he'll make you a good game, note his mouth chalking technique.

images

Banks

Banned
I'm more south on the Oregon City side. I've meandered into the headache known as downtown from time to time.

Nah, not downtown. At the base of Mt. Tabor, about 50th and Hawthorne. If you play any league, chances are we've crossed paths.

Banks

Banned
That's a nice place up there. They put on 2 or 3 tournaments a week, I think. Right up the street, Rodder's also puts on one or two, or at least they used to. Not sure about Jin's. If you hit up one of the Midway tournaments, you can probably find out about more of them from other players.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
:banghead: I wish I had been more into pool when I lived out there.

Banks

Banned
:banghead: I wish I had been more into pool when I lived out there.

It's been getting a bit bigger out here, mostly due to leagues.

Of course, I wish I had been into pool when I was in SoCal. Starting at 30 in an area made up primarily of barboxes probably has me fighting the odds.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
It's been getting a bit bigger out here, mostly due to leagues.

Of course, I wish I had been into pool when I was in SoCal. Starting at 30 in an area made up primarily of barboxes probably has me fighting the odds.

I was out in September for my sister's wedding. Just cruising through NW and seeing the Silver Dollar (where I played most of my pool), Blue Moon, Ringlers, and Touche. And then cruising downtown past Rialto...

Good times...

Banks

Banned
I was out in September for my sister's wedding. Just cruising through NW and seeing the Silver Dollar (where I played most of my pool), Blue Moon, Ringlers, and Touche. And then cruising downtown past Rialto...

Good times...

I've heard the Silver Dollar had good tournaments. I don't go downtown much. I started my playing at Sewickley's, right before the owner died. I got to hear lots of stories about the big tournaments he had hosted and that people came from all over the area to play in them.

It seems any time I go to CA, I don't have the free time to run off to some shady bar or hall and play. I've told the g/f that I get to play on our next road trip. Now, if I can just plan one long enough to make it worth spending time playing. We all know you can't just play a few games and call it good, that's like having an appetizer and pretending you're full.

Hua87

HuaHua
Checkin in from "beautiful" Salem Oregon. Play APA two nights a week, Tuesday double jeopardy and Thursday diamond racks. Any other Salem residents?

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member
I'm new to the area, but I really like Sam's Hollywood Billiards in Portland. They have a very solid BCA League on Thursday nights and I've just joined a Straight Pool League as well - both played on 9-foot Gold Crowns.

Is The Midway the one with the Diamond Barboxes?

-Brian

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not from Salem but have you played at Kolbys?

Kolbys is a nice place..7' diamond tables an one 9' fter.
the owners are very nice guys..I pop in from time to time
to practice..kolbys puts on some good money tournaments.
If you haven't checked it out yet..you should. They have another
Tournament coming up this month thats a calcut. not sure of
the date..I'll see my bud later today an get the dates..

happy holidays.

Banks

Banned
Kolbys is a nice place..7' diamond tables an one 9' fter.
the owners are very nice guys..I pop in from time to time
to practice..kolbys puts on some good money tournaments.
If you haven't checked it out yet..you should. They have another
Tournament coming up this month thats a calcut. not sure of
the date..I'll see my bud later today an get the dates..

happy holidays.

A couple of Salemites were telling me to check out that tournament. I don't think I've even seen a calcutta done before anywhere. I'm just a bit lazy.

We're starting to get a small group of OR area players on here.. perhaps one of you less lazy people should organize a tournament. :thumbup: