Cheating in BCA league

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If two of the top teams in the league turn in a fake scoresheets so they can have more points after playing each other, what should be done to them?

OMG...is this like sandbagging?:eek:

Gonna have to call the pool police to do an investigation....

Is this as bad as stopping the cue ball after making the winning ball?

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suspension for the rest of this sesson and the remainder of the year and next year they MUST play APA.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You make it sound like it's no big deal and should be tolerated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:(

When you've been around pool as long as I have, you'd understand.

This is all part of pool. Some get caught and some don't.

Stacking pool teams with all the best players, fixing handicaps, sandbagging, fixing score sheets will
continue forever as long as there is money involved.

Heck, some people cheat just they can go to work the next day and brag.:eek:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:(

When you've been around pool as long as I have, you'd understand.

This is all part of pool. Some get caught and some don't.

Stacking pool teams with all the best players, fixing handicaps, sandbagging, fixing score sheets will
continue forever as long as there is money involved.

Heck, some people cheat just they can go to work the next day and brag.:eek:

we all know it happens everyday but these clowns got caught they should be punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I'd like to more details about the infraction because I'm not clear how this would take place in the format of the local league I play in. In other words, about the only way to affect anything by fixing the score sheet would be if one team wanted to give wins to the other team at their own expense, and there are better ways to "get away with it", like missing a duck and dumping.

But in any event if it had a serious impact they shouldn't just be banned from playing in the local league, the violation should be forwarded to Las Vegas and they should all lose their memberships for the year and playing privileges in the next nationals tournament.

The local LO has a responsibility to protect the field at the national tournament from known cheaters in their area, I think.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Aww c'Mon, you know that didn't happen, people only cheat in the APA :p

I'm quite sure that the BCApl folks will sort it out, they don't usually tolerate that kind of foolishness much, from what I've read here.
Don't hold backs Dubs...

I<3it
JuicyGirl

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am confused as to what is actually happening...

In all of my leagues, both teams turn in score sheets. So both teams would have to agree on the cheat...

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
in the last thread concerning cheating in bcapl he said he was not putting his biz on the forum.

And he would be correct.

I'm sure there are a lot of details that we are aware of, and probably even he (or his people) aren't even aware of at this point. Once the appropriate people get involved, stuff should get done. Blasting away about it on the forum isn't going to help anything. It makes for entertaining reading on our part, but it won't do anything to help the league operators, so why engage in it?

The bottom line is people cheat in anything. These people got caught. Hopefully they will be punished appropriately, and it will serve as a deterrent to others. (Probably not enough of them, however...) It doesn't matter which alphabet soup we use to name the league system, there are always cheaters as long as there are rules, and contests to be won.

rrick33

Rick
Silver Member
Funny you should bring up how to handle scoring problems within the BCA.

I played in a league several years ago and we were in the running for first place.
The league operator got the handicaps screwed up one week and we lost to a team by one point which threw us into second place. After the fact we found out that with the correct handicap in place we would have won the match and taken first place but apparently since the score sheets were signed it could not be reversed.

If they couldn't correct this simple scoring issue, what makes you think they will be able to iron out a potential cheating situation?

Unless two teams were in collusion to benefit one team to the detriment of the other, then shouldn't the league operatior have seen that the numbers didn't jive when compiling the score sheets?

Last edited:

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If two of the top teams in the league turn in a fake scoresheets so they can have more points after playing each other, what should be done to them?

IF...hmmmm.

well.." IF " you know who's ; who..I'd say call it in with the team names
and those involved.

Miss Spico

Registered
Wow, that's ridiculous! My thought is they are bringing on some serious bad pool karma, what goes around comes around. So sad that people cheat at something they love and do for fun and ruin it for everyone else. Don't pool players get a bad enough rep without going out of there way to make it warranted. So sorry that happened to your league.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
What happen is two teams basically killed each other in the match, but they ended up in a tie. So instead of turning in the real scoresheet, they turned in a fake one that showed them still as a tie, but about 30 balls better. Make sense? The top 6 or 7 teams are within about 60 balls from each other, so 30 balls is a huge deal. Its a money league, so depending on what place you finish depends on how much your team gets to go to Nationals.

Thanks for explaining the situation in a little more detail. In my local league there are no points based on ball count, Yep, cheating at it's worst. At a minimum the captains should have their cards pulled and no league or nationals for a year, imho. You'd need to do some research to decide if the rest of the team members were involved. Some people just come to play pool, have fun, and go home and never really pay attention to the score or results. You'd have to decide if all members of both teams should be penalized. Certainly if they are they have no one to blame but their captains, but it depends on how you want to handle it.

Last edited: