Great match, great stroke..............

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He developed that monster stroke playing Pyramid. When he was over here playing 9ball he made the cueball do things the others just stared at. He always used one of those candy-cane striped heavy a^* pyramid cues. Here he is runnin 225 on Mike Davis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq8v1ZDpDA

I believe his style was actually influenced by multiple trips to the Philippines, to learn American pool.

Stroke power? I'd agree he showed up to PI with that.

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jesus christ, this place...
I didn't question his abilities, I just expressed my opinion on his stroke. I didn't say he isn't a good or even great player, it's just that in my opinion his stroke isn't something so special among pros.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Reminds me of a funny deal. Me and a buddy were watching Efren on the tube yrs back and as Efren was bar-b-q'ng some guy my friend said " You know this guy shoots good but i don't like the way he chalks his cue." I had no response. I just looked at him and shook my head. There you have it, the GOAT is a short-stop chalker.

Actually, he is. He puts the chalk on the rail FACE DOWN. Amateur.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
F2DB9DDB-165C-401B-81F5-D44F5E7FA434.jpeg

People are finally catching on that there are some flaws in Effie’s game.
He considered changing careers....but the music world didn’t welcome him with open arms.

The guy at the bottom left of the pic is his agent...:eek:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
View attachment 505104

People are finally catching on that there are some flaws in Effie’s game.
He considered changing careers....but the music world didn’t welcome him with open arms.

The guy at the bottom left of the pic is his agent...:eek:

I don't think there is a word for "karaoke" in Tagalog... even if there is, my advice? Keep yer day job, Ef. :cool: