Canadian Championship 2013

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So umm.. The CBSA site says that if less than 12 entries are confirmed by May 24, 2013 that the division will be cancelled. I hope other places have been hosting qualifiers because Shooters has yet to hold any to the best of my knowledge.. And this deadline is just over a week from now.

Should we be concerned about this? =S

There is a qualifier at Shooters every Tuesday and Thursday but no one is showing up.I guess we should organize one for the weekend where everyone is off from work.

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Concern

New Brunswick is sending anywhere from 5 to 10.
Nova Scotia is sending anywhere from 1 to 5.
Two qualified from Kitchener - Waterloo.
One coming from Ottawa.
A couple other entries from GTA.
St. Catherines people always qualifies 3 to 5, thanks to Randy Fawcett.
So no concerns of the Men's Amateur division not going.
I hope you can get some weekend qualifiers going. You still have a month.
It would be nice to get the turn-out back up to the 50ties for this division.

barracuda

Registered
Ok good.. I was meaning to correct my post since I found out later in the day yesterday that a qualifier was being hosted at shooters that night.. I decided to make it out but it fell through due to the lack of players..

A weekend qualifier seems to be the best option as most amateur players will hopefully be off work and be able to play in them.. I too would like to see turnouts return to as they were when I first played in it (63 players I believe) compared to 28 players last year. Hoping for the best here!

Cheers

empty pockets

It would be very helpful if the Shooters qualifiers were in some way advertised. Word of mouth just doesn't work. Taking the time to drive to Shooters for a canceled qualifier because of a lack of players doesn't encourage repeat visits. Expecting people --- especially pool players --- to be visiting websites (CBSA, The Pool Scene) for updates doesn't work. Maybe, just maybe, a simple poster in Shooters and perhaps a poster in other rooms in the GTA advertising the qualifiers would bring out players. And so players don't waste an evening going to Shooters for a qualifier that won't happen because not enough players show up, maybe registering at Shooters for a qualifier would help. The dates for the Amateur 9 Ball this year are very good. There's no reason with a little bit of organization and advertising that we can't get a good field of players.

Marbles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cloth at Canadian Championships

Anybody know if and when they are going to change the cloth at Shooters for the Canadians?

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Too funny ... the guy who won the Saskatchewan Provincial 8-Ball Championships can't go to Canadians ... he asked the runner-up if he could go ... I said no.

Dave <-- knows how to pick tournaments and is not picking Canadians

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent a PM to cooper this week trying to find out how to sign up. No reply, can anyone point me in the right direction?

chadsens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too funny ... the guy who won the Saskatchewan Provincial 8-Ball Championships can't go to Canadians ... he asked the runner-up if he could go ... I said no.

Dave <-- knows how to pick tournaments and is not picking Canadians

who where the winners? what about 9-ball? one of these years I will hafta drive up there and play

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
who where the winners? what about 9-ball? one of these years I will hafta drive up there and play

11 showed up for 9 Ball, Quintin D won, Daryl W second.

6 showed up for 8 Ball, Quintin D won, Dave K second :eek:.

Neither Daryl nor Quintin can go to Canadians this year from what Quintin told me (bad time of year for them, although they went last year).

Dave <-- likely the 172nd best 8 Ball player in Sask