My 300th Post / Do u name your cue(s)?

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
So after 10 1/2 years I have reached my 300th post.

Recently I had watched a show on samurai's and the samurai swords. Alot of famous swords have names attached to them. As the cue is the weapon of the pool player, I got to thinking if any players have ever given names to their principal playing cue. I know over the years I have seen many cue makers give names to cues they make. Even companies such as McDermott, Viking, Meucci, and Pechauer have given names to cue models they produce.

I have not given much thought to naming any of my cues over all the years that I have played. But I would be curious to know if any of the players on the forum have named their cue of choice, and what those names are. Might give me some ideas for naming my cues. :)

David "Glamour Dave" Nienow

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was growing up we had a hound dog named Blue. we always called him oll blue.... don't even know why but he was a trusted companion for many years. over the years I have purchased and sold many cues but I have played with the same cue for over 20 years and I often refer to it as oll Blue. other than that I would never name a cue :grin:

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About the time when Earl was *****in about jump cues (before he started using one), I cut down an old graphite Cuetec, Earl Strickland signature to make my own.
I call it "Little Earl". :p

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
About the time when Earl was *****in about jump cues (before he started using one), I cut down an old graphite Cuetec, Earl Strickland signature to make my own.
I call it "Little Earl". :p

That's a coincidence, Earl uses that same nickname.

Just, not for his cue.:wink:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I've said it before....and I'll say it again.
I think it's ridiculous to assign a name to an inanimate object...
...it's somewhat like a 'pathetic fallacy' where you attribute human qualities to stuff that
isn't capable of those actions.

But I DO have a stroke named Lucille....:eek:

:)

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Wow! Three hundred posts in ten and a half years. According to my precise calculations you're only around twenty-seven thousands posts behind. You have some catching up to do, David.

I name my cue in accordance with it's performance. One day it might be "You Little Sweetie", the next day it might be "You Rat Bastard Piece of Shit".
I'm an emotional pool player. :smile:

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a coincidence, Earl uses that same nickname.

Just, not for his cue.:wink:

:):):)

Well,sometimes,but just sometimes he calls junior The Pearl:wink:
On good days,of course:sorry::grin-square::eek:
An on bad days he needs an extension:eek:

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I named my cue '' god-damn it, you fucing SOB, I can't believe that. effin POS. how did you miss that easy shot"

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue only has a name when I am shooting the money ball.

I say, "Oh, Billy Billy Billy Billy ... Oh Billy Billy Billy"