Pictures from the Va. State Championship

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are a few pictures from the Va. State Tournament.

I am sorry I do not know the names of all of these players.

Parrot Cues is now located inside the Playing Field pool room and was one of the major sponsors for this event. This is "Rayman" behind the counter.
edd30fdc.jpg

This is promoter/tournament director Joshua Dickerson, known to us all as "The Mayor" or JMD in Va.
edd30fda.jpg

This is what they were playing for, the trophy and the cash. The trophy was made by our own Brian in Va., who also makes our CCB Tournament trophy.
edd30fdb.jpg

edd30fd9.jpg

edd30fab.jpg

This is 16 year old Chris Futrell, last year's second place finisher and this year's fourth place finisher. Keep an eye on this kid, he is very good. However, he is smart enough to be doing well in school also. :grin:
edd30f9a.jpg

Brian in Va. seems to be checking out the competition at the next table.
edd30f89.jpg

edd30f74.jpg

edd30f68.jpg

edd30f5d.jpg

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pictures continued;

Dave Hunt, "The Dentist".
edd30f4b.jpg

Curtis Coleman.
edd30f4e.jpg

Mitch Trainham.
edd304de.jpg

Luther Farley, if I'm not mistaken, was the youngest player in the tournament and he finished in the top 16.
edd30f38.jpg

Walter Koch.
edd30f16.jpg

Chris Futrell.
edd30f18.jpg

This is a rare photo of Brandon Shuff, without his hat. :grin:
edd30f05.jpg

Second place finisher, Eric Moore.
edd30ef0.jpg

And the winner is........Chris Loar. Chris also won this event in 2004, but did not play last year.
edd30efd.jpg

From left to right, Eric Moore, second place finisher, Joshua Dickerson, promoter/tournament director, and the winner, Chris Loar.
edd30ee6.jpg

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiardshot said:
Rich R., great pictures! Hope there more to come!!
Thanks. :D

I have plenty more, but unfortunately, it is hard to find the time to do everything necessary to post them here. I have a lot going on right now.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Thanks. :D

I have plenty more, but unfortunately, it is hard to find the time to do everything necessary to post them here. I have a lot going on right now.

There was definitely more button-pushing than the photo selection would indicate! Thanks for putting up the pics!

I would like to bring your attention to the cue that Chris Loar is using- made by Mark Bear and it is BADASS!!

Sambo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rich, great pictures...but where is mine...lol...just kidding. again it was nice to finally meet everyone...putting a face with the names. look forward to seeing everyone again in sept.

have a great day

sambo aka tab

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
There was definitely more button-pushing than the photo selection would indicate! Thanks for putting up the pics!
I definitely have many, many more pictures, but maybe not as many as you think. However, after a while, it is just more pictures of the same players, shooting different shots. I don't want to bore people.
Also, to get them posted here, I have to reduce the size of the picture files and get them posted on the web. It is very time consuming. Unfortunately, right now, I don't have that time to spare. Sorry.

Black-Balled said:
I would like to bring your attention to the cue that Chris Loar is using- made by Mark Bear and it is BADASS!!

I did notice Chris Loar's cue. It was loaded with inlays, which I assume were all ivory. I didn't know it was a Mark Bear cue, which probably means it was a full splice cue. Very nice. :D

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sambo said:
rich, great pictures...but where is mine...lol...just kidding. again it was nice to finally meet everyone...putting a face with the names. look forward to seeing everyone again in sept.
Tab, IIRC, I have at least one picture of you, and maybe more. Unfortunately, like many players wearing hats and visors, the pictures don't always come out too well, because all or part of the face is obscured.
Maybe next time, you can play without your lucky hat. :eek: :D :D

quitecoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHAT ...no picture of Larry Kressel..ha ha ha he must kept a low profile so know one would see his face. ..ha ha ha ha...great job taking the pictures..i almost said something to you ...I moved out your way over by the billiard cue repair shop...i was the big black guy with a tee shirt that had a pool table on it with "Nothing but the back of the pocket" air brushed on it...I also told you nice Camera...which it was...damn nice pictures...

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NotYou said:
How about those of us that didn't make it that far? Do we get our pictures too? :)
Other than the top few, I didn't pick pictures to post based on finishing order. To be honest, I don't know the names or the finishing place of a number of the players in the posted pictures. I just chose pictures that looked good to me and I thought others would like.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quitecoolguy said:
WHAT ...no picture of Larry Kressel..ha ha ha he must kept a low profile so know one would see his face. ..ha ha ha ha...great job taking the pictures..i almost said something to you ...I moved out your way over by the billiard cue repair shop...i was the big black guy with a tee shirt that had a pool table on it with "Nothing but the back of the pocket" air brushed on it...I also told you nice Camera...which it was...damn nice pictures...
I have a couple of pictures of Larry. I just thought other pictures were better. :D

Thank you for moving and thank you for the nice words. Next time, please introduce yourself. :D