How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State or Nation?

SeekAndEnjoy

Registered
In Germany, rates in pool halls vary between $ 5-12 an hour, always for the table, no matter how many players. Besides pool halls we've got a lot of non-profit membership clubs where you pay a monthly membership. These vary between $ 30-100 a month.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
What is the normal price for 1 hour of Pool in your State / Nation?

In our Poolhall (Biel in Switzerland) if you're not a member you pay 19,30 $ (=18 Swiss Francs) for 1 hour of Poolbilliard!
Btw 18 - 21 $ is the average price for 1 hour of Pool, here in Switzerland!

IMO that's definitely too much!

Because sadly I most admit that the decreasing of the interest for Poolbilliard seems not to stop! Of course especially from springtime to autumn, but also the passed winters, the tables in our Poolroom were and still are most of times not occupied and we only have 11 tables! (Five 9" and six 8" Pooltables)
Even at tournaments with good money prices, the number of players is still diminishing! Also when we make special offers, that doesn't affect much the number of visitors! For example: During April 2014 and 2015 we had from Wednesday to Sunday, from 8 PM to closure: Free Poolbilliard for the ladies! It hadn't a big success at all…

So something else has to change as well:
IMO it's still better for the business to invite people with low prices and let them pay for example only the half = 9 $ for 1 hour of Pool and having a good filled Poolhall! Instead to let them pay 18 $ and having again and again an empty Poolhall!

KR, Roberto (Al Capool)

I pay $5.00 for unlimited hours each day. No hourly fees. This is on well maintained Diamond tables. 7ft and 9ft. We are spoiled here in North AL.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
it varies from one place to another

at my favorite hall its 9 bucks an hr for no matter how many people
on 10ft heated gabriels billiard tables
or free for regulars practicing, like myself
the cruddy no name pool tables is 6 an hr as well

at a more traditional pool hall establishment it can be as much as 12 an hr per person on 9ft diamonds and goldcrowns and it varies per day or table sizes

when im runnin low on cash I just hit up the 7ft coin operated diamond bar box
and milk each game as much as I can
:)

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@SeekandEnjoy: In German it's 8EUR / table / hour on standard 9" tables, sometimes old Brunswicks thrown in here and there (how I hate these).

Flat rate usually is 16EUR + one drink mandatory per player, max. of 4 players.

Pretty bad deal.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Asian (Philippines, Vietnam or Chinese..) about $3-4/hour for 1 table (doesn't matter how many people) and there are always hot waitress who just stand there cheering and racking up the ball for you :cool:

jimabia.jpg

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

In Asian (Philippines, Vietnam or Chinese..) about $3-4/hour for 1 table (doesn't matter how many people) and there are always hot waitress who just stand there cheering and racking up the ball for you :cool:

jimabia.jpg

Damnnnnnnnn, I'm selling my joint tomorrow and moving to the Phillippines.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said "if not a member", how much for a member and how much is the membership? In New England area (USA), prices goes from about 6 hr specials for $6-10 up to $12-14-16/h for two people for weekends. I found a place with OK tables that is $4 an hour per person that I go to, and they have an all day special also during the day.

RMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The place here in Burbank, CA. is called.....
"Fantasia Billiards"
http://www.fantasiabilliards.com/

I happened by this place in the late 80's/early 90's while it was under construction. There were several workers running Skil saws, putting up drywall, painting, and installing paneling.
In the middle of the place was a single table.
I came to find out that the man playing by himself was the owner. I introduced myself, we shook hands, and I asked if I could go get my cue and join him for some pool playing. He said "sure!".
We became friends and I never paid to play pool there for the next few years. Every so often I would bring him a nice bottle of wine or a good bottle of brandy.
I quit playing pool around the mid 90's but I'm considering to get back to playing again.
So I checked their "Yelp Reviews" and table rates.
Their recent reviews are not very good on average.
And their rates seem a bit high.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fantasia-billiards-burbank-2?ytprail=1

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-13 at 12.09.41 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-13 at 12.09.41 PM.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 609

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
The place here in Burbank, CA. is called.....
"Fantasia Billiards"
http://www.fantasiabilliards.com/

I happened by this place in the late 80's/early 90's while it was under construction. There were several workers running Skil saws, putting up drywall, painting, and installing paneling.
In the middle of the place was a single table.
I came to find out that the man playing by himself was the owner. I introduced myself, we shook hands, and I asked if I could go get my cue and join him for some pool playing. He said "sure!".
We became friends and I never paid to play pool there for the next few years. Every so often I would bring him a nice bottle of wine or a good bottle of brandy.
I quit playing pool around the mid 90's but I'm considering to get back to playing again.
So I checked their "Yelp Reviews" and table rates.
Their recent reviews are not very good on average.
And their rates seem a bit high.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fantasia-billiards-burbank-2?ytprail=1

About 6 months ago I decided to try another pool hall out. Found out that Sam's has a str8 pool league that runs for about 3 months.

You pay $90 to play in the league and you get free pool all day, every day from 7am to 7pm. They have 12 gold crowns. and 1 billiard table and a 10' snooker table.

The real nice thing about this deal (as if the price wasn't enough) is for every match you play against an opponent you get $1 back from you initial cost (up to $20). And if you qualify for the end of session tournament you are guaranteed another $20 back just for showing up to play the tourney.

Best deal i have ever encountered. It's also a restaurant with great food. If you live in the Portland Oregon area you need to check this out if you're looking for a great deal on pool. Sam's is located in N.E. Portland, just off Sandy Blvd. Can you spell Nirvana! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5.00 an hour here, with free practice if your team plays out of the pool hall. Some let APA members play free before 5 PM. One charges a green free if the players want a practice table while they are playing league.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tucson arizona

Pockets Pool and Pub

I usually go in during the day rate($8.00 from 11AM till 6PM)
They have pretty good food also :)
Many of the retired guys pay the monthly rate of $100 and play every day...

Pool Rates:
•Day Rates: $4.00/hr per person - Maximum of $8.00 per person all day. (11:00AM - 6:00PM)
•Night Rates: $5.00/hr per person. (6:00PM - 2:00AM)
•Maximum: $10.00/hr per table.

Daily Specials: (11:00AM - 6:00PM)
• Pool Rate: $8.00 for all day.
•Daily Lunch Special: Buy an entree and a drink and get an hour of free pool. (11:00am to 3:00pm)
•Weekly Lunch Special: 1/3 pound cheeseburger, fries, and a soda for $6.50. (Monday-Friday, 11:00AM-3:00PM)
•$100.00 Monthly pass: Allows you to play from 11:00AM to 6:00PM everyday.

Nightly Specials: (6:00PM - 2:00AM)
Sunday:
Play all night for only $7.50 per person.
Happy Hour all night from 4:00PM to 2:00AM.

Monday:
$6.00 - Giant Margaritas.
$2.50 - Cuervo Shots and Well Margaritas.

Tuesday:
Half Price Pool!!!
$2.50 - Well Drinks and Domestic Bottles.

Wednesday:
Ladies Night - Ladies play for free.
Draft Night - $1.00 Off all pints and tall boys.