The elusive Ebony Titleist

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
3 years ago I missed out on one by 2 hours, please post some pictures of all the beautiful ebony titlest conversions out there and maybe I can convince someone somewhere to sell me one, at least the pictures will let me see some as it has been 3 years since I have seen a really nice one, thanks Sam.:bow-down:

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I know someone that has been collecting conversions for about a year. He was talking to me the other night at the pool hall and wants me to show him how to post pictures to start selling some of those cues. I don't know if he has any ebony ones but I can find out.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Might

3 years ago I missed out on one by 2 hours, please post some pictures of all the beautiful ebony titlest conversions out there and maybe I can convince someone somewhere to sell me one, at least the pictures will let me see some as it has been 3 years since I have seen a really nice one, thanks Sam.:bow-down:

You might have more luck posting this in the Cue and Case Gallery.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've owned ebony Titlist conversions and have had some made. Most of my cues have been 4-point ebony into maple that had more interesting maple forearm wood than Titlists (Titlists were almost always made with straight-grain maple) and had longer, cleaner and more colorful veneers. I no longer see the point in owning an ebony Titlist conversion over an ebony into maple (birdseye,quilted,etc), other than history - certainly many modern cue-makers can make better-looking and better functional blanks.

Unconverted ebony Titlist Hoppe Pros and M26 1/2's are a different thing altogether - I love them. But if I could find a 1940's cue made from a blank of today's quality I would love it even more.