changing threads

dpaulnot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it possible or reasonable to take a 3/8-10 pin shaft and change it over to a 3/8 radial pin thread ?? David

deadbeat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Possible, I would think yes. Reasonable, well, you may get a lot of answers on that one. I would think no personally, but it may take a bad shooting stick and make it great, not likely though.

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is very easy and done all the time. Any competent cue maker or repair person can do this for you.

Phil

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem at all, I do work like that all the time, as already mentioned, the shaft needs to be plugged and re-threaded.

keninar

Registered
Follow-on query

Please allow a follow-on question, for a bit of personal edification. How does one (who knows what they are doing) remove the original pin?

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please allow a follow-on question, for a bit of personal edification. How does one (who knows what they are doing) remove the original pin?
He's asking to rethread a shaft. Changing a pin on a butt is a different topic and more problematic, although still doable.

One of the most common ways to remove the pin is to apply heat. Just enough to melt the epoxy. Other methods are to drill and bore the pin out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

keninar

Registered
Ah! Misread the original question (much like in high school a few years ago!) Thanks for the additional info on the butt recommendations.

ken