IPhone Slow Motion App to Determine Bad Hits

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of days ago we had a match where we decided to use the IPhone Slow Motion Application to determine bad hits. The two players agreed and it worked fine except it took a while to become proficient at the replay. Some replays took up to 2-3 minutes due to determining the correct replay speed and finding the location in the memory of the shoot. The other problem was beginning the taping then waiting for the player to get into his stance and stroke the ball then shoot. Has anyone else tried this out? It might be a good tool for tournament play. What do you think?

CaptainDidactic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is an excellent idea! Especially for showing double hits when newer shooters don't know the signs of them. I guess I need to upgrade my phone. How slow does it go?

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't done any heavy testing with it but i started using this since last year, unfortunately not getting to hit the table as much to practice or play led to that result. If I come up with anything I'll let you know if it's not here by that time.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry, a friend came over to my house today and had that feature on his phone and we experimented with it. It works great once you learn how to use it. Replay in slow motion was instant.