Best handheld vacuum for a pool table?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Fin Billiards uses a couple of Black & Decker 2 in 1 rechargeable vacuums.
You can do the entire table fast using both units & the small removable unit works
as good as any Dirt Devil or Shop Vac that's been tried.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About once a week I use one like the Shark pictured above and then I take a wet cloth and wipe everything (rails and bed) down real good.

Thrasher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread, but I was curious regarding it the dirt devil. The Dirt Devil has a rotating brush inside. I was advised not to use a vacuum that has a brush. Do those of you who use the Dirt Devil feel that the brush is a problem? Or do you simply use it with the brush. Or if you have a link to the model that you used that would be great. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorren soggard makes a attachment for vacuums that works great

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Thrasher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Simonis X-1 and then a damp towel and my table stays clean.
I used a damp towel and that's what started the mess I have on my table. Streaks and what looks like water stains that I cannot get rid of. I'm going to have to have it completely cleaned by the installer.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a damp towel and that's what started the mess I have on my table. Streaks and what looks like water stains that I cannot get rid of. I'm going to have to have it completely cleaned by the installer.

Hmm? I use a handheld vac with horse hair attachment (made by Oreck), then once I have the majority of the chalk removed I use a damp microfiber cloth and wipe it down. A damp clean cloth shouldn't hurt the cloth. It has done nothing but good on my table and I've read many others doing the same without any harm. Are you sure the cloth was clean and was damp with just water?

and a note about the chance of a vacuum lifting up slate seam materials. If a vacuum lifts it up, it's already loose and needs to be addressed anyway, so don't think I would worry about a vacuum messing up the slate seams.

Last edited:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Shark hand held w/a rotating brush. It's amazing how much chalk they pick up. Before everyone starts hollering about not using a rotating brush, I use them a minimum of once per week on our 3-Diamond bar boxes w/860HR cloth. Our cloth was last changed 09/15 by Josh Ebert and they still look good. We have 14-16 teams that play Mon.-Thurs., free pool all Sun., and Tourneys at least once a month on Saturdays. If the rotating brush is hurting them, you can't prove it to me. I also keep our balls impeccably clean and twice per month wet wipe them with a extremely hot Woolight solution( per RKC ). Brian.

I'd like to learn more about that Woolight (Woolite?) solution.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Craftsman 5 gallon Shop Vac. Works great.
A 2.5 gallon, 2.5 horsepower shop vac is small enough to hold in one hand while using the other hand to hold the extension and vacuum the table cloth, with a 6-inch brush attachment on the end. This will provide far more suction power and do a far better job than any hand held mini vac possibly can do.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 2.5 gallon, 2.5 horsepower shop vac is small enough to hold in one hand while using the other hand to hold the extension and vacuum the table cloth, with a 6-inch brush attachment on the end. This will provide far more suction power and do a far better job than any hand held mini vac possibly can do.

Yup. My shop Vac sits on the ground and the hose is long enough to reach across the table. I use a horsehair brush and a thin attachment for under the rails. Every so often, I'll wring out a wet, small bath towel and "brush" the cloth all towards the footrail just to make it look pretty.

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
Screenshot (2067).png I use this Armor All 2hp shop vac. It works very good.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Stinger 1.75hp shop vac. $35 at Home Depot. Strong enough to suck up chalk and debris, but not so strong the cloth gets stretched. Bought an extra little horsehair brush attachment for it. Works great for cleaning out the car too.

yellows-golds-stinger-wet-dry-vacuums-wd2025-64_1000.jpg