Helmstetter Question

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today I got to hit some balls with 2 old Helmstetter cues. They played great.
But on the forearm it said Made by Richard Helmsteter. What would be the age of these cues?

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i have a few cues from mid-eighties that have made by helmstetter. these are usually better cues than adam from the same time. i don't know how long they continued those, or if they still make them. waiting for final word from jayman.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still own one.

Today I got to hit some balls with 2 old Helmstetter cues. They played great.
But on the forearm it said Made by Richard Helmsteter. What would be the age of these cues?

I have one from 1977. Still plays great as people have said who borrow it on occasion when their stick is unavailable. It is my understanding when I bought mine, Helmstetter made one a month for awhile and each was one of a kind for that month. For info, at that time I paid $275 for it.
Dick Cady, Fast Eddy's, Capitola, Ca.
P.S. Forgot to mention your avatar. If that is your dog he looks just like my precious Suki, who unfortunately is going through some hard times now, with hip displasia, a terrible infaction on her side and during treating that she now has an enlarged heart. She is 12 so I should not complain, she has about 6 months left, hopefully.
They could pass as twins but that is typical of a lot of Shepherds.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one from 1977. Still plays great as people have said who borrow it on occasion when their stick is unavailable. It is my understanding when I bought mine, Helmstetter made one a month for awhile and each was one of a kind for that month. For info, at that time I paid $275 for it.
Dick Cady, Fast Eddy's, Capitola, Ca.
P.S. Forgot to mention your avatar. If that is your dog he looks just like my precious Suki, who unfortunately is going through some hard times now, with hip displasia, a terrible infaction on her side and during treating that she now has an enlarged heart. She is 12 so I should not complain, she has about 6 months left, hopefully.
They could pass as twins but that is typical of a lot of Shepherds.

My avatar is of Bogart. He was an abused puppy that was taken back by the breeder and I got him when he was about 6 months old. We got him in 1979 and he lived until 1993. Best dog I ever had and I've had a lot.If I could bring one dog back it would be him.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
My avatar is of Bogart. He was an abused puppy that was taken back by the breeder and I got him when he was about 6 months old. We got him in 1979 and he lived until 1993. Best dog I ever had and I've had a lot.If I could bring one dog back it would be him.

great dog story... they are deffinatly our children....

anyways.. if you could post a pic of them that would help..

if you did post a pic in your post, i am sorry.. here at work the filter blocks photobucket pics...

chris