Mr. Strickland and the Billiard Network

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has been debate on whether or not to use English when shooting the game-winning nine ball on the site before and Earl is definitely pro English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdGun

I just started shooting pool again after about a 40 year layoff. I watched Episode 1 and 2 and feel that my game has improved just from Earl Strickland's commentary. Besides all the valuable information, he's funny too. My favorite comment is, " I shoot now for therapy.", or something close to that. The game forces focus and takes you out of yourself. I also like his comment on always putting a little spin on the ball. Can't wait for the next episode.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is almost like his pool playing personality is an alter ego. He seems very calm and respectful in the commentary role but often degrades his opponents when competing. in particular, he seems to hold Shane in very high esteem and rightfully so, but you wouldn't sense that when he is playing him.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is almost like his pool playing personality is an alter ego. He seems very calm and respectful in the commentary role but often degrades his opponents when competing. in particular, he seems to hold Shane in very high esteem and rightfully so, but you wouldn't sense that when he is playing him.

it's well known that he turns into something completely different when he is playing a match. in practice and off the table many find him very agreeable. i've known people who have a similar behavior when competing, it's like the turn of a switch - dr jekyll and mr hyde. what i haven't seen in others is it getting worse with age, like it has with earl.

very good commentary, as already stated. let's hope we get more.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
earl said that guy playing shane should slow down.

if earl says you should slow down, you are doing something very wrong.