Need advice on what is the best way to ship and sell sw cue.

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
After waiting 13 years I finally got a new cue from Laurie Franklin less than a year ago. Unfortunately, the Canadian economy has been bad and my wife has been decreased to a part time position. If things don't pick up or we are not able to get extra employment, I might be forced to sell the cue.
I would like to ask for some advice on what is the best way to sell, get paid, and ship the cue? Personally, I would rather have the buyer pick up the cue and pay me cash but I know that is quite slim from where I am at. Also, I have an account in ebay and have done some selling there, would that be a good choice? Thank you for the help.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hi,
After waiting 13 years I finally got a new cue from Laurie Franklin less than a year ago. Unfortunately, the Canadian economy has been bad and my wife has been decreased to a part time position. If things don't pick up or we are not able to get extra employment, I might be forced to sell the cue.
I would like to ask for some advice on what is the best way to sell, get paid, and ship the cue? Personally, I would rather have the buyer pick up the cue and pay me cash but I know that is quite slim from where I am at. Also, I have an account in ebay and have done some selling there, would that be a good choice? Thank you for the help.

transferred from the Wanted/For Sale forum:

best to repost this in main forum, tho I can suggest a couple of things.

just by posting this question here you'll have some guys reaching out to you for details on the cue for pics/specs/price.

deal with reputable people only or use an escrow service.

once sold, package it well and insure it for the full $$$ amount.

dont use ebay in this price range unless you're willing to pay their final settlement fee of 10%

if it were me, I would establish a fair value on the main forum then post it for sale here and/or on facebook on the billiards sites.

GL

best,
brian kc

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
transferred from the Wanted/For Sale forum:

best to repost this in main forum, tho I can suggest a couple of things.

just by posting this question here you'll have some guys reaching out to you for details on the cue for pics/specs/price.

deal with reputable people only or use an escrow service.

once sold, package it well and insure it for the full $$$ amount.

dont use ebay in this price range unless you're willing to pay their final settlement fee of 10%

if it were me, I would establish a fair value on the main forum then post it for sale here and/or on facebook on the billiards sites.

GL

best,
brian kc

Thank you for the advice!😊😊😊

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might make a tad less money, but working through a reputable dealer to find a buyer could mean a lot fewer headaches.