Classic Spliced Jacoby Freshly Finished by Manwon

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
I bought this cue on the boards here a few weeks ago but sadly it was in pretty sorry shape when I received it. Craig (aka Manwon) has a great little pool hall and workshop in South Tacoma and after a week with him this cue came out GLEAMING. Way beyond my expectations especially for the price he charged me which I will not divulge on the forums. (if you want to know how much just send a PM to Manwon)

full refinish on cue and both shafts
rewrapped brown with white spec Irish linen
retapered both shafts to my specs
replaced cracked ferrule with ivory ferrule
Craig really did a fantastic job and I highly recommend anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma area to check out Full Splice Billiards on South Tacoma Way.
jacoby1 800x600.jpg

jacoby2 800x600.jpg

jacoby3 800x600.jpg

jacoby4 800x600.jpg

jacoby5 800x600.jpg

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice

I think I finished second on that cue i pm him with an offer. It looks great.
When it was advertised it said ivory joint. Is the joint ivory? Beautiful Cue:

Pinocchio

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
ridewiththewind said:
Gorgeous job on the refinish! Bet that cue hits solid...as most Jacoby's do.:D

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I'm really glad I found Craigs shop. And yes, it plays like a monster. Such a subtle, soft hit yet so solid.

So I'm racking my brain trying to figure out if you and I have met. I know you're in the Seattle area and I've been playing leagues and tourneys in the greater seattle area for about ten years. I'm sure we must have run into eachother or played eachother at least a couple times. If we haven't, it'd be a fluke.

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
Pinocchio said:
I think I finished second on that cue i pm him with an offer. It looks great.
When it was advertised it said ivory joint. Is the joint ivory? Beautiful Cue:

Pinocchio

Yup, that's the same cue. Be thankful you didn't get it. Well, scratch that. I'm still happy that I got the cue. Just wasn't in the condition that I expected. Plus there were other issues that I didn't get into above that Craig had to take care of. It's better than new though now. As far as the joint and buttcap being ivory as advertised, the jury is still out on that. While there is definitely some graining in the material I'm not convinced. Could be some other type of bone. Hell, to my untrained eye it could be a real good plastic immitation ivory. I'll send pics to Jacoby to find out for sure. Or not. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
cuetrip said:
Thanks Pinocchio

Thanks for the Props, I am glad that I could help. I hope you enjoy the cue, if I can help in the future please let me know.

Manwon