this not the way it should be

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
are you slow on the bounce or a bit kinky?

I lived on a farm also and know the difference.

keep milking that Bull - he really appreciates it:thumbup:
You're such a nice guy.
Jason

I said milk a cow. You know, C-O-W. Those things with four teats hanging down. You keep saying bull. Apparently you have a fixation in that direction.

Of course throwing up a straw man or in this case a straw bull deflects from the fact that you don't know crap about being a successful gambler long term.

The difference between you and I is that I have been there, both sides of the equation. For a few years I tried to strip everything I could from everyone I played. This was being about as smooth as a gravel road. Not only could I not get action with the player I busted, I couldn't get action with his friends he whined to or the people that watched the action. Fun, but not too profitable.

Then I started the long term management of "good customers". Everybody knows you win some you lose some so nobody paid much attention that I was maintaining a steady profit overall. Equally important, now I was just one of the guys instead of the one that came in and left a trail of debris in my wake. I was given friendly greetings and no longer leading parades to my vehicle. A lot more enjoyable and I didn't have to wonder if somebody was going to break a stick across my back or head every time I bent over to shoot.

"The right thing as a gambler" as you say, is to keep the cash flowing. There is one person in this thread that doesn't understand that, you. The guy that has the bull fixation.

Hu

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I said milk a cow. You know, C-O-W. Those things with four teats hanging down. You keep saying bull. Apparently you have a fixation in that direction.

Of course throwing up a straw man or in this case a straw bull deflects from the fact that you don't know crap about being a successful gambler long term.

The difference between you and I is that I have been there, both sides of the equation. For a few years I tried to strip everything I could from everyone I played. This was being about as smooth as a gravel road. Not only could I not get action with the player I busted, I couldn't get action with his friends he whined to or the people that watched the action. Fun, but not too profitable.

Then I started the long term management of "good customers". Everybody knows you win some you lose some so nobody paid much attention that I was maintaining a steady profit overall. Equally important, now I was just one of the guys instead of the one that came in and left a trail of debris in my wake. I was given friendly greetings and no longer leading parades to my vehicle. A lot more enjoyable and I didn't have to wonder if somebody was going to break a stick across my back or head every time I bent over to shoot.

"The right thing as a gambler" as you say, is to keep the cash flowing. There is one person in this thread that doesn't understand that, you. The guy that has the bull fixation.

Hu

I keep saying "Bull" because you refuse to read all the OPs posts in this thread and keep posting nonsense that has nothing to do with the original post.

When you start reading and making sense, so will I.

Good day Sir.
Jason

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more try

If you are a player, that when you gamble wants a fair and even game
every time, then taking off a sucker that has no chance is something
that you can not relate to. I grew up playing when there were many
that made their living playing pool. They were not dope fiends trapping
someone to get their next fix, but if a chance came up to take off a
sucker you damn well better take it, because someone else will.
There are people believe it or not that will blow a lot of money with little
or no chance of winning. The action is what they want, it is entertainment
to them. Las Vegas is a pretty good example. At the Cotton Bowling
Palace in the 60's there were quite a few of these. One was Bobby
Chapman,one of the biggest bookmakers in the country. He couldn't
play at all but when he got in action he lost thousands, everyone in the
place was betting with him. I'm sure Billy Stroud probably played him
along with other good players. Someone, Ti maybe, brought Detroit Whitey
down to play him. I was real young and got my buddy Alf Taylor to
bet on the side for me. I won like $700 which was huge back then for
a little kid. Bobby had no chance but was betting everyone in the place.
If he asked to raise the bet you RAISED THE BET. He was going off.
If you didn't he more than likely pulled up, he was a high roller and
wanted to bet high, if you started nitting him he was done. If you get
one of these guys down, you play by HIS rules, he will go off if you will
just take it. It is more than likely a one time shot. Some on here, can
not relate to this and had rather win a tough match for little or nothing
or a trophy, That's okay with me. I've talked to that kid about that game
and he said he realizes that he blew it, he said he was scared to bet
more, but next time I will. There will not be a next time with that guy.
These people seem to expect to lose, it's the action they want, it's
entertainment to them.
jack