Places to play in Johnson City, TN

boti2634

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good evening all!

Since I'm gonna' be spending a few days in the Johnson City area, I thought I'd see if there were any decent places to play. Anyone out there have any suggestions ?

Thanks!

Paul

davidhop

Grade A choke master
Silver Member
Try Numans on main street, you can't miss it. Decent food, decent bar... Nine footers are upstairs. Also, if you want to make a short 40 minute drive, there is the corner pocket in Mountain City. No bar, no food, but the pool room is good. They have all Olhausen tables.

Last edited:

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
If you're up for a short trip to Kingsport, there's a place on Market St. with 9' Gold Crowns in good condition. Also a bar, and food. The owner told me he gets some good players in there for tournaments, but I was there around lunch time and I was the only one in the place.

-Andrew

steveharn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Country Retreat Family Billiards

Take a nice little drive to Boone, NC, through the mountains and play on some pristine Gabriel tables. Chris Aldridge is the proprietor and has one great place to play pool.

www.family-billiards.com

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
davidhop said:
Try Numans on main street, you can't miss it. Decent food, decent bar... Nine footers are upstairs. Also, if you want to make a short 40 minute drive, there is the corner pocket in Mountain City. No bar, no food, but the pool room is good. They have all Olhausen tables.

Tables in numans have interesting history.they were all made by the owner of the room.
I recommend Janet Atwel`s place called borderline billiards in Bristol.I also recommend Chris aldridge`s Family Billiards in Boone.if u go to boone check the sealing of the room and it is very fascinating wood work.