Sosumi Sudo Masse

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
There's a new masse shot invented by a Japanese player, Sosumi Sudo that will almost guarantee you can make the shot when you have a ball frozen to the short rail and the cue ball frozen to it at an angle of 45* or less. The technique involves getting a 75* or more angle with the stick. You get the tip very close to the cue ball and when you're warming up for the shot you make tiny movements. Then you quickly PUSH through the shot with a quick wrist and arm motion and it flies in the corner.

Of course it's not legal but you can spoof some buddies with it. It's all in the presentation like any magic trick. You can hem and haw with the angle and etc.. The reward is the look on their faces when you call it and it flies in. I pulled it on my Bud's one night and it was great. It's like that look a puppy has with a cocked head and puzzled look in the eyes when he hears a dog whistle. Simply priceless.

Well, before I took the shot I built up the story of this new masse by a Japanese guy that just hit the states and etc.. Then wham and it popped in. I confessed my crime and sat down and we had a good laugh. We sat it up after the game and I showed them how it worked and that it was only a disguised push shot. Sooooo.. If you feel like pulling someone's chain and the shot pops up, see what you get.

Remember it's called the So Sue Me Pseudo Masse. Smart people those Japanese. :grin-devilish:

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there's a new masse shot invented by a japanese player, sosumi sudo that will almost guarantee you can make the shot when you have a ball frozen to the short rail and the cue ball frozen to it at an angle of 45* or less. The technique involves getting a 75* or more angle with the stick. You get the tip very close to the cue ball and when you're warming up for the shot you make tiny movements. Then you quickly push through the shot with a quick wrist and arm motion and it flies in the corner.

Of course it's not legal but you can spoof some buddies with it. It's all in the presentation like any magic trick. You can hem and haw with the angle and etc.. The reward is the look on their faces when you call it and it flies in. I pulled it on my bud's one night and it was great. It's like that look a puppy has with a cocked head and puzzled look in the eyes when he hears a dog whistle. Simply priceless.

Well, before i took the shot i built up the story of this new masse by a japanese guy that just hit the states and etc.. Then wham and it popped in. I confessed my crime and sat down and we had a good laugh. We sat it up after the game and i showed them how it worked and that it was only a disguised push shot. Sooooo.. If you feel like pulling someone's chain and the shot pops up, see what you get.

Remember it's called the so sue me pseudo masse. Smart people those japanese. :grin-devilish:
video,video,video???????????????????????????

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a new masse shot invented by a Japanese player, Sosumi Sudo that will almost guarantee you can make the shot when you have a ball frozen to the short rail and the cue ball frozen to it at an angle of 45* or less. The technique involves getting a 75* or more angle with the stick. You get the tip very close to the cue ball and when you're warming up for the shot you make tiny movements. Then you quickly PUSH through the shot with a quick wrist and arm motion and it flies in the corner.

Of course it's not legal but you can spoof some buddies with it. It's all in the presentation like any magic trick. You can hem and haw with the angle and etc.. The reward is the look on their faces when you call it and it flies in. I pulled it on my Bud's one night and it was great. It's like that look a puppy has with a cocked head and puzzled look in the eyes when he hears a dog whistle. Simply priceless.

Well, before I took the shot I built up the story of this new masse by a Japanese guy that just hit the states and etc.. Then wham and it popped in. I confessed my crime and sat down and we had a good laugh. We sat it up after the game and I showed them how it worked and that it was only a disguised push shot. Sooooo.. If you feel like pulling someone's chain and the shot pops up, see what you get.

Remember it's called the So Sue Me Pseudo Masse. Smart people those Japanese. :grin-devilish:

You are not Deanoc. We need pictures.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
No video equipment on this end, sorry.

Quick directions : freeze a ball on the short rail and then put the cue ball at a 30-45* angle frozen to the other ball. Just two frozen balls with the object ball on the rail. The angle of the stick is only to disguise the fact you're pushing the ball in.

To practice start with a regular push shot with a 45* on the cue stick and with the tip on the cue ball. Push through and make the shot. Once you get the technique, raise the stick to a higher angle so it looks more like a standard masse shot.

Then practice with the cue tip about 1/8 -1/4 inch off the cue ball. Start with a slow even stroke until you can do the push without fouling. Do it just hard enough to make the ball at first. Then increase the speed until you can hit the shot with some pep on it.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any lunch money lost on the execution of this shot.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Is this similar to the ram shot?

Push&Pool is that you?

Not sure what a ram shot is. I'm strictly a weekend player with no great talent. It's only a push shot with a different angle on the cue stick. It works best at 2 diamonds and less distance but I've made the shot from 3 1/2 diamonds out before. On the longer distance shots the object ball wants to leave the rail and you may miss the pocket, but usually you'll get close enough for that WOW! look.

No, I'm not him. I just got here and have been hanging in the aiming forum for a while. I just wanted to show some folks my soon to be famous :thumbup: 'Trick' shot. Done properly it may get you a free beer. Be ready to 'hit the hills' if your buddies catch on.