MEZZ Break Cues...

Except for the sonic tip that doesn't hold chalk, Mezz Power Break cue are really great. I change the tip of my PBII to white diamond, and for me it's much better.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I sold the PMII for the same thing I paid for it. Another guy loved the way it jumped and broke. I wanted to purchase another MEZZ break cue and try it out but haven't done so yet. My predator BK II with a vinyl grip is working well right now except for a few balls flying off the table this past week. Corey got lucky. :wink:

OK, this is confusing... the PBII is also a jump cue ??? I've never seen that advertised by anyone, at any time... what's the dealio on that ?

Not even on the Mezz website, unless it is just common knowledge ? HELP ?

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes you can use it as a jump cue and I like it how it jumps too.

I have heard people not wanting to use it as a jump cue because you got to take off the silver weights at the jump joint off everytime you jump. I bought my PB2 with weights glued on, it is actually better imo.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I have owned them all, butts and shafts, except for the Dual Force bcoz I don't jump. I can say the power they generate is exceptional, they are all dream breakers, I like them more than BK2. But I really don't like the sonic tip, it holds chalk poorly and way to hard, makes me lose control of cue ball some time. I ended sold them all because I wanted a custom break cue. It is really a sentimental thing but honestly I don't have any feeling towards production cues. I dont feel the "love" for them, I had not felt any love for the cues I own until I switched to custom.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
OK, this is confusing... the PBII is also a jump cue ??? I've never seen that advertised by anyone, at any time... what's the dealio on that ?

Not even on the Mezz website, unless it is just common knowledge ? HELP ?

Yes it can jump also and jump well.
http://www.miki-mezz.com/world/cues/powerbreak2/index.html

Look at the rings which you can adjust for weight balance. You have to remove the butt to change out the number of rings. I see what you're talking about as they don't advertise that you can jump with it as well.

THIS IS A SHORTER CUE THAN NORMAL.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Thanks Joey... makes sense, but weird why they don't mention that anywhere......

I'm gonna find one.. I know there is a used one for sale right now... i f not, just bite the bullet and go new.... see ya, RJ

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received yesterday a s/h Mezz Power Break II with Deep Impact shaft. The cue weight is 18 oz, and there are no weight rings. I like the weight and the balance of the cue. There's no problem with the shortness, 54 " is enough.
I like the sonic tip, and how it holds chalk (I use Master chalk), there is no sound of phenolic tip.
I didn't try to jump with him, because I have a dedicated jump cue, but I think that is not too comfortable to unscrew it each time the handle, because the screw is pretty long (it takes you out of tirhm, and I don't like that, that's why I get a dedicated jump cue)

And now hot it breaks.
The first breaks I didn't like how the cue break, but after some practice it becomes better. It's true that you don't have to use your maximum power, it's better to work on the control of CB. I was using a Johny Archer style of breaking, but I think that for that cue a SVB style break is better (with your bridge hand stayed down on the cloth). I have to work on my break.
However I think that even for a such good cue 500+$ price is TOO much, but if you can get one at 200-300$ I'll say it worths the money.

PS I convinced myself again that are no magic cues.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
I received yesterday a s/h Mezz Power Break II with Deep Impact shaft. The cue weight is 18 oz, and there are no weight rings. I like the weight and the balance of the cue. There's no problem with the shortness, 54 " is enough.
I like the sonic tip, and how it holds chalk (I use Master chalk), there is no sound of phenolic tip.
I didn't try to jump with him, because I have a dedicated jump cue, but I think that is not too comfortable to unscrew it each time the handle, because the screw is pretty long (it takes you out of tirhm, and I don't like that, that's why I get a dedicated jump cue)

And now hot it breaks.
The first breaks I didn't like how the cue break, but after some practice it becomes better. It's true that you don't have to use your maximum power, it's better to work on the control of CB. I was using a Johny Archer style of breaking, but I think that for that cue a SVB style break is better (with your bridge hand stayed down on the cloth). I have to work on my break.
However I think that even for a such good cue 500+$ price is TOO much, but if you can get one at 200-300$ I'll say it worths the money.

PS I convinced myself again that are no magic cues.

Yes, I agree with you Alexander. There are no magic cues, break, jump or playing cue.

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if the effect would be the same if I saw off 6 inches from the butt on my JNJ wrapless breakcue

JoeyA

Silver Member
I wonder if the effect would be the same if I saw off 6 inches from the butt on my JNJ wrapless breakcue

If you try that, be sure and let us know how that turns out. It might be a little light in the seat but you never know until you try. ;)

songj2096

pool is not dead
The Dual Force is their most expensive break cue and also doubles as a jump cue so you can't really compare the two.

The next most expensive one is the Mezz Power Break Pro which you can find for about $450 and is right at the same price point as the new Predator BK3 which retails for around $469 I believe.
where can buy a brand new mezz power break pro for $450??

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the wrapless Mezz Power Break with the Deep Impact and the Deep Impact Pro H shaft.
I have the 0.25oz bolt installed and find the balance perfect together with the DI Pro H shaft.
I've got a decent break as it is, but the Mezz breaker makes breaking so much easier.
I can use less power to get the same effect, so I can focus more on hitting the balls full on.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought my PB II from a friend for a mere $150. Of course it has a couple of dings in it and the shaft I suspect was turned down a little but for the price I can't complain. Best break stick I've ever used and I've had an Orange Crush and a Sledgehammer for comparison.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm intrigued.

Question: is the "sonic tip" a phenolic tip? If not, what is it? In particular, can it be used in all leagues and tournaments? Are there venues that still ban phenolic tips, or were all of those lifted?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm intrigued.

Question: is the "sonic tip" a phenolic tip? If not, what is it? In particular, can it be used in all leagues and tournaments? Are there venues that still ban phenolic tips, or were all of those lifted?

Good question for which I do not have the answer. A good friend that tried my Mezz the other day asked me as well. Here is a link from the Japanese Mezz website (the American website does not clarify what the tip is made of either) but does not say what the tip is made of.. I do not think any leagues or tournaments are banning phenolic tips anymore, BCA went back to allowing them a while ago. BTW my Pro H shaft weighs 5.4 ozs.

http://www.miki-mezz.com/en/product...te=shafts&series=deepimpactpro&kinds=breakcue

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm intrigued.

It clearly states that it's a resin/carbonfibre tip. So no G10 material.
So the Sonic tips are legal.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hmm, is not only the length, but also the weight distribution.

I tried a Predator BK3 19 oz, 58 inch cue vs Mezz PB 2 18 oz, 54 inch, and I can tell you that Mezz cue feels in the hand heavier than Predator.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I just bought a Mezz Power Break Pro wrapless with the H shaft. Why did I wait so long?

I will get mine this week, same as yours:thumbup:
Mezz not had the H Shaft in Stock for a while, I had to wait also.
Let you know how good he is.
Ralf