R.I.P. Mitch Cravens...

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Mitch Cravens passed away at the age of thirty-two.
I don't believe he was a member here, but he was a very good pool player, and well known throughout the Springfield, and St. Louis metropolitan areas.
Mitch was eighteen years old, when he first started playing. He was a good student of the games and a quick learner, and early on I gave him the nickname "The Raven". In 2012 he finished second at the Missouri State 9-Ball Championship tournament.
He leaves behind his six year old son, Tyler.
Rest in peace.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible news about Mitch. He was good player and good guy. I first met him at the MO State 9-ball tournament in 2009. We had a great match for 3rd place. I ran into him several times after that at tournaments. He always said hi and had a smile on his face. He was a fierce competitor on the table. RIP.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He came down here about 5 years ago and matched up with Skylar and a few other guys a few different times. Good player and seemed to handle himself well. They said his grandfather was Wes Craven the horror film guy. I just thought of him last week when i stayed over night in the Springfield area. I was going to go out and look for a game but ended up watching the ball game in the lounge. Prayers for him and his family.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know him but sorry to hear the news. Condolences to family and friends.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
:-(

God rest his soul. I never knew the nickname - but that fits him well - as I knew him well. Taught him to play - he had World Class talent - I will not forget him, I try to remember the good memories.

Last edited: