Nick Varner Interview by Samm Diep

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I really enjoyed the interview that Samm did with Nick Varner. I understand better than ever what made Nick the champion that he is.

I'll second that. Nick'a usually mentioned when we consider the greatest all-around players ever, and he still might be underrated at that!

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stuff. I have always admired Nick from the first time I met him in 1980.

Great job Samm.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Great find for us who don't peek around other areas of AZB much. Thanks Joey for your recon for us!

And that was a great read on varner, who is undisputedly one of pools all-time great players. He's the only pro that has won major titles in all 5 main pocket disciplines. 14.1, 9 ball, 8 ball, 1P & banks.

I've written, called and e-mailed Billiards Digest several times over the years to please to an in depth "Mike Gefner" type article on Nick. Nothing back yet. Thanks much Samm for the wonderful info on Nick.

h2o4170

h2o4170
Silver Member
I really enjoyed the interview that Samm did with Nick Varner. I understand better than ever what made Nick the champion that he is.

http://www.azbilliards.com/provision/provision6.php

Great questions, Samm!

Nick is a great player and a great person.Pool needs more like him he is deff. an asset to the game and to the community.I got to play golf with him and Archer back in the early 90s in FL and hes pretty capable on the golf course as well.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick is one of the real success stories in pool. Great career, still not done. Hard working business man that put's many miles down selling his products and services. Good job, Samm.:thumbup: