Brunswick Centennials

socalcraigster

Registered
Hi all.

I found a nice of Brunswick Centennials balls (from about 2007) for $60.00. I’m inclined to buy it as it retails between $300-$400 dollars. Seller says father, who owned pool hall, used these sets for tournaments only.

Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated?

Thanks you.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.

I found a nice of Brunswick Centennials balls (from about 2007) for $60.00. I’m inclined to buy it as it retails between $300-$400 dollars. Seller says father, who owned pool hall, used these sets for tournaments only.

Thanks you.

They're gonna be heavily nicked and worn just fyi. I'd ask him to take close pics of both sides

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.

Thanks you.

If it's really a "nice" set then of course $60 is worth it.

Seems pretty recently the price of the high end sets went up like $100, the cheapest one that a pool enthusiast would buy starts at over $150 for the Aramith Premium

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.

Thanks you.
Buy them now.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy them now.

Might as well get pictures. It is so easy , in these day and age.

If for nothing else, to ensure all the balls are centennials.

Don't think customers wouldnt slip single balls into sets in order to trade up for their home table, you know?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Yeh, get pictures. Seller most likely knows the value and has them priced accordingly, IOW, well used.

As for new prices of $300-$400, if you're patient, pristine sets with perfect box-n-docs show up at $150 +/- now and then.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might as well get pictures. It is so easy , in these day and age.

If for nothing else, to ensure all the balls are centennials.

Don't think customers wouldnt slip single balls into sets in order to trade up for their home table, you know?
I agree. Gotta see pics. Unless deano is selling them of course. ;)

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.

Thanks you.
Photos would be helpful for you to be able to at least see a close-up of the condition of the balls but I don’t think you can go wrong with a set of Centennials for $60 that are described as in good condition. It’s hard to find a new set for any less than $300.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, you're in the business and Black-Balled got me thinking. Have you ever had customers slip polyester balls into the tray looking for a set of something good? Do your employees look for this scam?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back then they were $220-225 a set. They last a long time, its worth the gamble if all things are equal.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.

Thanks you.

Well, let's think- 2007 was 13 years ago! Were these weekly tournaments? How many years were they used for? $60 sounds too good to be true and we all know what that usually means. Be smart and VERIFY condition first- $60 for junked up balls of any manufacture is not a bargain! Maybe it is a great deal- but VERIFY first!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, you're in the business and Black-Balled got me thinking. Have you ever had customers slip polyester balls into the tray looking for a set of something good? Do your employees look for this scam?
We are in a small rural market so that has never happened. In 24 years, we’ve had a couple of 8 balls stolen when we had a couple of coin bar boxes, but that’s it. We don’t require to hold a customer’s ID when they check out a set of balls.

That being said, if someone switched out an entire set of our Aramith super pro balls for a set of cheap used Asian balls before they return the ball tray, no, our waitresses would not catch it. I guess I’m glad we live in an area where we don’t have to worry about that or many other things happening here that might happen in other pool rooms in other markets.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A few months back someone did that at the pool room I play at.

Swapped a Cyclop set for a imitation Aramith

Lou Figueroa