McDermott Jump Training Ball

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this was my first time here and I saw those remarks, I wouldn't ever sign up for an account. That's my point. People get torn up by all of products I listed. Heck, there are deadly serious taunts about what kind of chalk you use, dress codes becoming death threats ... it's out of hand.

There are posters here that rub me the wrong way and for the most part I leave it be. DH might be the exception as I was trying to snap him back into reality but he's left sanity far behind and that's his path.

I chose my company carefully as it is a reflection of me.

If DCP was a new poster, we wouldn’t be insulting him. He has attacked the entire forum before when we questioned his methods of trying to get better. After many, many, many threads by DCP on the subject of getting better at pool. The entire community realized he’s looking for a golden egg. Something that will make him go from being completely incapable of drawing the cue ball to pro level in the matter of a week. He’s not a community member, he’s a leech.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
And he hasn't had to deal with the marks and potential holes left in the felt, which brings back the whole what color thread.

I think if you need such a 'training ball', you should spend more time practicing jumping with a regular cue ball first. Then ultimately, you will figure out that this is a waste of $29.

Also, if you need a 'training ball' to learn how to jump, you damn sure arent ready for jump masse shots. They arent needed often, but if you just REALLY want to learn how to jump masse a ball, you will also realize that you dont really need the gimmick ball, and have just wasted $29.

Hope this makes sense.

BTW, is this the only shade of white that the ball is available in? It doesnt look like the best shade to learn how to jump balls with. So once again, it is a waste of $29.

Glad you asked for opinions, and damn glad I could help out. :thumbup:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, ask one simple question about what people's thoughts might be about a product and it turns into a trash-and-bash warmonger thread.

Must be a lot of Clinton supporters here. I'm for Tulsi myself..:wink:

r/DCP

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that clear ball with the red bead in the center. I’ll pay $29 for that if Aramith makes it. I wouldn’t want to practice with a ball made on some wired material.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Jack up and hit on, above or below the CB's 3D center for neutral, follow or draw.

That'll be $14.99 (free shipping).

pj <- PayPal's good
chgo
Jumps and Spin

The basic principle is that the CB's "equator" tilts with the cue and you hit the CB above or below the "equator" for follow or draw (or you can visualize the CB's 3D center and aim above or below that). Masse spin is low left or low right from the same cue perspective. You can vary the amount of spin as usual by aiming farther from 3D center - the blue lines are the miscue limits, tilted with the equator.

pj
chgo

NOTE: With the cue elevated as much as shown it's easy to use too much follow and trap the CB between the tip and cloth. You can get more follow with less cue elevation.

Jumps.jpg

Last edited: