Southwest Cue Order

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
Hey, Guys... does anyone know what year (and month) Southwest is currently filling orders from? I placed an order in 2002, so I might be getting close...

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BillYards said:
Hey, Guys... does anyone know what year (and month) Southwest is currently filling orders from? I placed an order in 2002, so I might be getting close...

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
They're probably somwehwere around 98-99. You still have a little while to wait.
MULLY
got mine on the after market and only had to wait a week and a half

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
BillYards said:

Call Laurie and ask her: 1-702-870-9615 or email: swcue@aol.com

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
BillYards said:
They were on mid-year '99 a few months back.

edit: maybe my info wasn't as accurate as I thought. (next post)

Last edited:

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Maybe this will help. This is Lori's reply to me on 6-10-2008

"Hello Jon

Thank you for staying in contact. I have updated your email address. You have 1 cue on order. We are not doing Satin Finish [plain Jane/] cues at this time. Our production is very low due to Mickey's bad back. You can change your design to a solid nose cue if you want to when we get to the order. Below is standard update info.

Your order date is 10/17/2000. We have just started working on orders from 1999.

Please be aware that we are forced to make price adjustments on cues. We will contact you about 6 months ahead of delivery to confirm all details; woods, style and prices. Obviously you will have the option to say yes or no at that time.

We regret the inconvenience and long wait. We also want to be able to continue to do what we do best.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards, Laurie Franklin"

Hope that helps.
:boring2:

monchiwai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PROG8R said:
Please be aware that we are forced to make price adjustments on cues.

How come? i thought they will just charge based on what was quoted when the cue was ordered initially?? :eek:

Runnin8

Love God, Love People
Silver Member
I ordered mine in 1997 and received it in 2005. Laurie was reasonable in the price increase on mine and it was still a deal. Bottom line, since they don't require a down payment it's not unrealistic to reflect increases in raw materials from the time the cue was ordered. The price increase in mine worked out to be about 3% per year.

Peace,
Steve

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
monchiwai said:
How come? i thought they will just charge based on what was quoted when the cue was ordered initially?? :eek:

I do not know, but she did tell me that if I did not want it then there are no hard feelings she could just sell it. DUH!! I want it!! If I hate I can flip it if needed, but the ones I have played with before tell me that I will love it ALOT!!!!!!! I night sell a lot of stuff to include one of my balls, but I am keeping this *****!!

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Looks like SouthWest doesn't quote a price and lock it in anymore. Interesting. I wonder when they started that?
MULLY

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
I am on their list but they havent quoted a price.I was told basic 6 pointer is 2200 and than the upgrades whatever i want.this was few months back:D
This was all verbal.

av84fun

Banned
I'm just curious. Aren't there, by now, quite a number of Southwest cues for sale in the aftermarket?

At what prices do they sell, in excellent condition, relative to the price people pay when they finally get their cues? I know the prices vary based on the materials used and design complexity etc. but for SIMILAR cues, what is the difference in the "used" vs. new price?

Thanks,
Jim

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
i may be talking out of turn, but to my knowledge...

sw makes less than 100 cues per year. and their backlog is about 10 years.

mrs. franklin is really a wonderful person. just so nice and kind. i have met her a few times (3 or 4 or maybe 5 times). i can't say we are friends, but i can say we are friendly and know each other a bit.

at the last time seeing each other about early may '08 (i think, but maybe late april), i noticed their price chart had no prices anymore. it seems that with an ever increasing waiting period, that sw could not make pricing forcasts for so many years in the future anymore. so i believe "around that time" (or earlier that i am not aware of) cue prices were discussed with the current buyer when the wait period was about 6 or so months out.

and as mickey has serious issues with his back that are not getting better, i think that even (my guess only) that 70 cues a year is more probable. but this is just my guess, so please don't expect that what i said is at all accurate.

but i can say this, they make a really great cue imho!
smokey