10 Ball Bar Box Break

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I just thought you might actually want to read the NAPA rules for 10 ball since you were asking questions.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks. It's interesting to see that it's being adapted for bar box play. I would have thought it would have slowed play down considerably if WSR were followed exactly.

That wasn't what we all had in mind when we made the rules some 6 years ago. It was basically to save 9 Ball which was quickly becoming obsolete, and adding a new game with new rules that didn't resemble 9 Ball.

Tournaments like the 9 Ball U.S, Open and the 9 Ball World Championship and even the entire European Tour were in jeopardy of being considered as second rate as those new tournaments were popping up with the same rules but with an extra ball added. Creating a new type of 10 ball game both saved the integrity of 9 Ball and also created a new set of competitive professional events.

I don't care for call shot/call pocket games because I think they slow the game down more than they reduce luck. Was there really that much luck in 9-ball that they had to add that rule? There is far more luck in 8-ball with call pocket IMO than 9-ball.

It's just that in 9-ball the luck is a little more 'in-your-face' with people slopping the 9-ball etc...in 8-ball the luck is a little more subtle - but has a greater impact on the outcome.