Lucasi shaft question

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Question for the Cue Repair guys, I have a customer that would like to change his Lucasi Hybrid playing shaft into a breaker with a white diamond tip. I am familiar with the ferrule setup on those and I am concerned about the ferrule/front end getting damaged as he is a hard breaker. Am I being overly concerned?
Thanks,
Dave
Resized_20190304_171129.jpeg

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those have a hollowed out type design with some sort of light weight wood inside. Maybe it's best to choose another shaft, especially if he's hard breaker?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Those unmarked $40 break shafts on eBay break like trucks, just buy one of those and fix the taper

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have an email into the manufacturer, and have expressed my concerns to the customer and they have decided to wait for them to answer, and then explore other options if needed.
Thanks Guys
Dave

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for the Cue Repair guys, I have a customer that would like to change his Lucasi Hybrid playing shaft into a breaker with a white diamond tip. I am familiar with the ferrule setup on those and I am concerned about the ferrule/front end getting damaged as he is a hard breaker. Am I being overly concerned?
Thanks,
Dave
View attachment 514379
NOT meant as a dedicated breaking shaft. Lightened ferrule area won't take the abuse.