where do you guys look for inspiration for times in need

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing we must ensure for ourselves in pool is productive practice. And if we're doing that, then it's important to constantly focus and celebrate the progression...not the end result. It's all a process... :)

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're struggling with your game and you are looking for inspiration, try this:

Go watch a pool tournament live, even if it means traveling to get there. I don't mean a local handicapped event. I mean a scratch event where the level of play is high.

YouTube does not capture the energy you will feel by being in the room with the players. In fact, I think it's kind of sad the so many people miss out on that experience, because it's much easier to just turn on their computers to watch live streaming.

Being there is a whole different thing! It will give you a new joy for playing the game.

Great advice.

Once got to see an impromptu good natured ribbing 3cushion game with Efren and Rodney Morris during wait time at HT Bellflower.

Certainly the level of play and the competitive energy of the tournament matches is electric, but so too was the glimpse of the 'fun' that these top level players can have killing time at tournaments.

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always loved that scene in "The Hustler". I can't recall the exact scenario, but fats goes to the bathroom, washes his hands, and puts his jacket back on. He takes over from that point on. Eddie's backer points it out to him later. One of my favorite scenes in any movie, actually.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch The Hustler, go to the room and just watch the "good" players, go to a pro tournament, if possible, sometimes just take a week off;)